Doxycycline + Lactobacillus
Information about Doxycycline + Lactobacillus
Doxycycline + lactobacillus uses
Doxycycline+Lactobacillus is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How doxycycline + lactobacillus works
This is a combination of two medicines: Doxycycline and Lactobacillus. Doxycycline is an antibiotic which stops bacterial growth by preventing the synthesis of essential proteins required by the bacteria to carry out vital functions. Lactobacillus is a live microorganism which restores the balance of good bacteria in the intestine that may get upset with antibiotic use or due to intestinal infections.
Common side effects of doxycycline + lactobacillus
Diarrhea, Nausea, Vomiting, Stomach pain, Photosensitivity
Available Medicine for Doxycycline + Lactobacillus
- ₹81USV Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹83Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹69Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹74Jagsonpal Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹84Brinton Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹63Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹65Megha Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹59Comed Chemicals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹62Atopic Laboratories1 variant(s)
- ₹61Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Doxycycline + Lactobacillus
- Your doctor has prescribed Doxycycline + Lactobacillus to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- Take it with food and plenty of fluids to avoid an upset stomach and acid reflux.
- Take it while you are sitting or standing, to prevent any throat irritation. Do not lie down for at least 30 minutes after taking this medicine.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Discontinue the medicine and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Doxycycline + Lactobacillus
Doxycycline + Lactobacillus
Q. What is Doxycycline+Lactobacillus?
Doxycycline+Lactobacillus is a combination of two medicines: Doxycycline and Lactobacillus. Doxycycline is an antibiotic medicine belonging to the class called "tetracyclines”. It is used to treat bacterial infections in many different parts of the body. On the other hand, Lactobacillus is a live microorganism which restores the balance of good bacteria in the intestine that may get upset with the use of antibiotics.
Q. Can I drink milk while taking Doxycycline+Lactobacillus?
No, you should avoid using milk and milk products while taking Doxycycline+Lactobacillus. Consuming dairy products along with Doxycycline+Lactobacillus can decrease its absorption from the stomach, which may lead to inadequate affect of this medicine.
Q. What is the recommended storage condition for Doxycycline+Lactobacillus?
Keep this medicine in the container or the pack it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.
Q. How long after taking Doxycycline+Lactobacillus can I eat?
It is best to wait for 2 hours after consuming Doxycycline+Lactobacillus. Consuming food along with Doxycycline+Lactobacillus may decrease its absorption from the stomach.
Q. Can I take Doxycycline+Lactobacillus with food if its causing stomach upset?
Yes, you can take Doxycycline+Lactobacillus with food if its causing you stomach upset. However, avoid consuming milk and milk products 1 hr before and 2 hr after taking this medicine.