Information about Doxifluridine
Doxifluridine is used in the treatment of cancer. It is especially used in cancers of stomach, colon, rectum, breast, uterus, cervix and bladder.
How doxifluridine works
Doxifluridine interferes with the growth of DNA and RNA of the cancer cells by substituting their building blocks. It prevents the cancer cells from growing and multiplying.
Common side effects of doxifluridine
Nausea, Vomiting, Weakness, Loss of appetite, Increased risk of infection, Hair loss, Diarrhea, Decreased blood cell count, Mouth ulcer, Blisters on fingers / feet
Available Medicine for Doxifluridine
- ₹253Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Doxifluridine
- Doxifluridine helps treat cancer of stomach, colon, rectum, breast, uterus, cervix and bladder.
- Take it with or without food, preferably at the same time each day.
- Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Use a reliable contraceptive method to prevent pregnancy while you are taking this medicine.
- Your doctor may get regular blood and urine tests done to monitor your blood cells, kidney and liver function during treatment with this medicine.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you notice any signs of infection such as fever, sore throat, rash or severe diarrhea.
Frequently asked questions for Doxifluridine
Q. Is Doxifluridine safe?
Doxifluridine has several side effects, some of which may be serious. Please follow the advice of your doctor regarding its use
Q. How does Doxifluridine work?
Doxifluridine acts by inhibiting the formation of DNA and function of RNA. Thus, it suppresses the growth of cancerous cell.