Information about Difluprednate
Difluprednate is used in the treatment of allergic disorders, severe allergic reaction and eye disorders.
How difluprednate works
Difluprednate belongs to the class of drugs known as corticosteroids. It acts by stopping the release of certain natural substances in body that are responsible for pain and swelling..
Common side effects of difluprednate
Muscle disorders, Electrolyte imbalance, Altered bone growth, Skin scar, Redistribution/accumulation of body fat, Bone degradation, Behavioural changes, Increased blood pressure, Increased glucose level in blood, Cataract, Increased risk of infection
Available Medicine for Difluprednate
- ₹119Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹112Entod Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹100Sunways India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹112Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹90Klar Sehen Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹103Akumentis Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹85Calix Health Care1 variant(s)
- ₹95Sapient Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹85Senses Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹95Pharmtak Ophtalmics India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Difluprednate
- Inform your doctor if you have or had raised eyeball pressure with or without compromised vision (glaucoma), viral infection in the eye, herpes, etc.
- If you are using another eye drop along with difluprednate, maintain a time gap of 10 minutes between the application.
- Do not use difluprednate eye drops while wearing contact lenses.
- Do not suddenly stop difluprednate administration on your own, without consulting your doctor.
- Consult your doctor immediately if your symptoms does not improve after 2 days of difluprednate treatment.
- You may undergo eye check up on a regular basis to ensure this medication is not causing any harmful effects.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as difluprednate may impact normal vision.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Difluprednate
Q. What is Difluprednate ophthalmic emulsion?
It is a solution in an emulsion form used to treat post-operative and post-infectious swelling and pain of the eyes.