Information about Difluprednate
Difluprednate is used in the treatment of post-operative eye pain and inflammation.
How difluprednate works
Difluprednate is a topical steroid (an anti-inflammatory medicine). It works by stopping the release of certain natural substances in the eye that are responsible for pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of difluprednate
Available Medicine for Difluprednate
- ₹119Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹123Entod Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹115Sunways India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹112Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹90Klar Sehen Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹103Akumentis Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹99Calix Health Care1 variant(s)
- ₹95Sapient Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹100Pharmtak Ophtalmics India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹85Senses Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Difluprednate
- Your doctor has prescribed Difluprednate to treat inflammation (redness and swelling) of the eye.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Do not use Difluprednate for more than the prescribed duration as it may cause glaucoma or secondary infection.
- May require frequent follow-ups with the doctor to monitor side effects.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute immediately after instilling the drop.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- Stinging sensation may occur for 1-2 mins. Notify your doctor if it persists for longer.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.
Frequently asked questions for Difluprednate
Q. What is Difluprednate ophthalmic emulsion?
It is a solution in an emulsion form used to treat post-operative and post-infectious swelling and pain of the eyes.