Information about Diatrizoic Acid
Diatrizoic acid uses
Diatrizoic Acid is used in the treatment of diseases of bone, disease of muscle and disease of organs.
How diatrizoic acid works
Diatrizoate meglumine belongs to group of drugs called Iodinated radiopaque contrast medium. It works by coating the stomach, esophagus or duodenum (part of small intestine) but not absorbed by the body so that these organs can be easily visualized in X-ray or CT-scan examinations..
Common side effects of diatrizoic acid
Available Medicine for Diatrizoic Acid
- ₹307 to ₹688J B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹164 to ₹473Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹445Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹149 to ₹418Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Diatrizoic Acid
• Do not use diatrizoate meglumine with metformin and propranolol as it may cause serious side effects.
• Seek immediate medical attention if you develop severe reactions, seizures, trouble in breathing, or tightness in the chest.
• Tell your doctor if you have severe heart disease, swelling in the neck caused by enlargement of thyroid gland.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Patients who are allergic to diatrizoate meglumine or iodine should avoid it.
• Patients with overactive thyroid gland should not be administered diatrizoate meglumine.