Information about Dextropropoxyphene
Dextropropoxyphene is used for moderate to severe pain.
How dextropropoxyphene works
Dextropropoxyphene is an opioid analgesic ( pain reliever). It works by decreasing the perception of pain by blocking the transmission of pain signals to the brain.
Common side effects of dextropropoxyphene
Dry mouth, Sleepiness, Fatigue, Vomiting, Weakness, Headache, Dizziness, Dehydration, Lightheadedness, Sweating, Anemia, Nausea, Sedation, Edema, Constipation
Available Medicine for Dextropropoxyphene
- ₹82Jagsonpal Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Dextropropoxyphene
- Use Dextropropoxyphene as instructed by your doctor. Never take in greater amounts or more often than prescribed.
- It causes sleepiness or drowsiness. If this happens to you, do not drive or use machinery.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Dextropropoxyphene, as it may cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Store opioid pain relievers in a safe place and out of reach of others.
Frequently asked questions for Dextropropoxyphene
Q. Is Dextropropoxyphene a narcotic?
Yes, Dextropropoxyphene is a narcotic analgesic
Q. Why is Dextropropoxyphene banned?
Dextropropoxyphene was banned as overdose has resulted in fatal self-poisoning, leading to suicide.