Information about Dexibuprofen
Dexibuprofen is used in pain relief. It relieves pain and inflammation in conditions like muscle pain, joint pain, period pain and toothache.
How dexibuprofen works
Dexibuprofen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause fever, pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of dexibuprofen
Abdominal pain, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Epigastric pain, Flatulence, Nausea, Vomiting, Indigestion
Available Medicine for Dexibuprofen
- ₹41 to ₹56Strides shasun Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹13 to ₹45Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹35 to ₹51Zuventus Healthcare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹40 to ₹52Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Dexibuprofen
- It should be taken with food or milk to avoid getting an upset stomach.
- It can cause serious complications like stomach bleeding and kidney problems if taken for a long time.
- Dexibuprofen can raise your risk of blood clots, heart attack, or a stroke.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
Frequently asked questions for Dexibuprofen
Q. What is dexibuprofen used for?
Dexibuprofen is used to relieve pain and inflammation associated with osteoarthritis (pain, swelling, and reduced motion in the joints), menstrual pain (dysmenorrhoea) and other mild to moderate pains in the muscles and joints, toothaches and to reduce fever
Q. How does dexibuprofen work?
Dexibuprofen belongs to a class of medications called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It inhibits certain chemicals in the body that control inflammation and pain production, thereby, providing relief.