Information about Desloratadine
Desloratadine is used in the treatment of allergic disorders.
How desloratadine works
Desloratadine is an antihistaminic medication. It blocks the action of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for inflammation, congestion, itching, and other allergic reactions.
Common side effects of desloratadine
Available Medicine for Desloratadine
- ₹79Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹61 to ₹78Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹63 to ₹90Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹54Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹42 to ₹55Surya Pharmaceutical Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹39Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹51Rowan Bioceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹47Adcock Ingram Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹59Cutik Medicare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹35Psychotropics India Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Desloratadine
- Desloratadine may be taken with or without food
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not drive or operate machinery during desloratadine therapy as it may cause dizziness.
- Do not give to patients allergic to desloratadine, loratadine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not give to Children less than 2 years.
Frequently asked questions for Desloratadine
Q. Is desloratadine a steroid/ decongestant/ an antihistamine?
Desloratadine belongs to class of drugs called antihistamines. It is not a decongestant or a steroid
Q. Does desloratadine cause drowsiness/ weight gain/ high blood pressure/ raise blood pressure?
Desloratadine is not known to cause drowsiness/ weight gain/ high blood pressure/ raise blood pressure. However, consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.
Q. Is desloratadine the same as loratadine/ Is desloratadine better than loratadine?
Desloratadine is the major metabolite of loratadine and the two drugs are similar in safety and effectiveness
Q. Is desloratadine over the counter?
Desloratadine is not an over the counter medicine. It is sold only upon a prescription by a registered medical practitioner