Information about Deflazacort
How Deflazacort works
Deflazacort is a corticosteroid drug. It increases the level of glucocorticoid in the body and works by decreasing the formation of substances that cause inflammation and suppresses immunity to stops self damage to body by immune system (auto-immune reactions occurring in organ transplants or cancer)..
Common side effects of Deflazacort
Increased risk of infection, Weight gain, Facial swelling, Cushing syndrome, Increased appetite, Cough, Frequent urge to urinate, Abnormal hair growth
Available Medicine for Deflazacort
DefcortMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹15 to ₹3167 variant(s)
DefzaWallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹10 to ₹3716 variant(s)
CortimaxZuventus Healthcare Ltd
₹69 to ₹2927 variant(s)
Mahacort DZMankind Pharma Ltd
₹9 to ₹794 variant(s)
EnzocortAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹19 to ₹4317 variant(s)
DezacorAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹23 to ₹3156 variant(s)
OrthocortMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹112 to ₹2174 variant(s)
₹19 to ₹2806 variant(s)
EticortFranco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹62 to ₹2252 variant(s)
DFZIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹29 to ₹4124 variant(s)
Expert advice for Deflazacort
- Deflazacort helps treat inflammation, severe allergies, flare-ups of ongoing illnesses, and many other medical problems that require either reduction of inflammation or suppression of the immune system.
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Deflazacort can make it harder for you to fight off infections. Notify your doctor if you have any signs of infection such as a fever or sore throat.
- Side effects such as mood changes or stomach problems can happen when you start taking Deflazacort. Inform your doctor if this bothers you.
- Do not stop taking Deflazacort suddenly without talking to your doctor first as it may worsen your symptoms.