Information about Deflazacort
Deflazacort is used in the treatment of severe allergic reactions, allergic conditions, asthma, cancer, rheumatic disorder, skin disorders and eye disorders.
How deflazacort works
Deflazacort is a corticosteroid drug. It increases the level of glucocorticoid in the body and works by decreasing the formation of substances that cause inflammation and suppresses immunity to stops self damage to body by immune system (auto-immune reactions occurring in organ transplants or cancer)..
Common side effects of deflazacort
Increased risk of infection, Weight gain, Facial swelling, Cushingoid syndrome, Increased appetite, Cough, Frequent urge to urinate, Abnormal hair growth
Available Medicine for Deflazacort
- ₹15 to ₹316Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹10 to ₹338Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹69 to ₹266Zuventus Healthcare Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹64 to ₹77Mankind Pharma Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹392Alkem Laboratories Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹21 to ₹316Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹102 to ₹217Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹281Lupin Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹66 to ₹225Saffron Therapeutics Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹59 to ₹225Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Deflazacort
- Deflazacort helps treat inflammation, severe allergies, flare-ups of ongoing illnesses, and many other medical problems that require either reduction of inflammation or suppression of the immune system.
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Deflazacort can make it harder for you to fight off infections. Notify your doctor if you have any signs of infection such as a fever or sore throat.
- Side effects such as mood changes or stomach problems can happen when you start taking Deflazacort. Inform your doctor if this bothers you.
- Do not stop taking Deflazacort suddenly without talking to your doctor first as it may worsen your symptoms.
Frequently asked questions for Deflazacort
Q. Is Deflazacort a steroid?
Yes, Deflazacort is a steroid medicine also known as glucocorticoids which occur naturally in the body and help to maintain health and wellbeing.
Q. What is Deflazacort used for?
Deflazacort has anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressant properties and is used for treating many conditions like allergy diseases, anaphylaxis, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory skin diseases, autoimmune diseases (these diseases happen when your body’s immune system attacks the body itself and causes damage), and suppress the immune system in transplant patients.
Q. How does Deflazacort work?
Deflazacort is a steroid medicine also known as glucocorticoids which occur naturally in the body. Taking steroids from outside will help in treating many illnesses involving inflammation by reducing the inflammation. Also, it stops the reactions known as autoimmune reactions which occur when your body's immune system attack the body itself and cause damage.
Q. Is Deflazacort better than prednisone?
Clinical studies have shown that Deflazacort has a similar potency to prednisone and is better tolerated when used in the treatment of inflammatory conditions. However, consult your doctor for the right treatment of your condition with either of these medicines.
Q. Is Deflazacort a painkiller?
Deflazacort is not a painkiller. It belongs to the class of medicines known as steroids.
Q. Can I take Deflazacort with Tamsulosin?
Yes, Deflazacort can be taken with Tamsulosin. No harmful effects or any other interactions have been reported when they are used together.