Information about Deflazacort
Deflazacort is used in the treatment of severe allergic reaction, allergic disorders, asthma, cancer, rheumatic disorder, skin disorders and eye disorders.
How deflazacort works
Deflazacort is a corticosteroid drug. It increases the level of glucocorticoid in the body and works by decreasing the formation of substances that cause inflammation and suppresses immunity to stops self damage to body by immune system (auto-immune reactions occurring in organ transplants or cancer)..
Common side effects of deflazacort
Electrolyte imbalance, Redistribution/accumulation of body fat, Bone degradation, Increased risk of infection, Muscle disorders, Increased blood pressure, Altered bone growth, Behavioural changes, Increased glucose level in blood, Cataract, Skin scar
Available Medicine for Deflazacort
- ₹12 to ₹268Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd8 variant(s)
- ₹10 to ₹293Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹57 to ₹242Zuventus Healthcare Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹53 to ₹54Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹72 to ₹325Alkem Laboratories Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹61 to ₹241Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹61 to ₹180Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹281Lupin Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹89 to ₹255Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹56 to ₹225Saffron Therapeutics Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Deflazacort
- Do not take the medicine if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine.
- Inform your doctor before taking this medicine If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding a baby.
- Stay away from people who are sick to prevent chances of infection as your immune system will be weak while taking this drug.
Frequently asked questions for Deflazacort
Q. Is deflazacort a steroid?
Yes, deflazacort is a steroid medicine also known as glucocorticoids which occur naturally in the body and help to maintain health and wellbeing.
Q. What is deflazacort used for?
Deflazacort has anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressant properties and is used for treating many conditions like allergy diseases, anaphylaxis, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory skin diseases, autoimmune diseases (these diseases happen when your body’s immune system attacks the body itself and causes damage), and suppress the immune system in transplant patients.
Q. How does deflazacort work?
Deflazacort is a steroid medicine also known as glucocorticoids which occur naturally in the body. Taking steroids from outside will help in treating many illnesses involving inflammation by reducing the inflammation. Also, it stops the reactions known as autoimmune reactions which occur when your body's immune system attack the body itself and cause damage.
Q. Is deflazacort safe in pregnancy?
Deflazacort can cross the placenta and has the potential to produce developmental problems in the fetus (unborn child) like other steroids. It should only be used in pregnancy if the benefits of therapy are more than the risk to the unborn child. Always consult your doctor before taking this medicine during pregnancy.
Q. Is deflazacort approved in the United States?
Deflazacort has been approved in the United States by US Food & Drug Administration (FDA) for use in a condition called Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
Q. Is deflazacort better than prednisone?
Clinical studies have shown that deflazacort has a similar potency to prednisone and is better tolerated when used in the treatment of inflammatory conditions. However, consult your doctor for the right treatment of your condition with either of these medicines.
Q. Is deflazacort a painkiller?
Deflazacort is not a painkiller. It is a steroid medicine.
Q. Can I take Deflazacort with Tamsulosin?
Yes, Deflazacort can be taken with Tamsulosin. No harmful effects or any other interactions have been reported when they are used together.