Information about Deferasirox
How deferasirox works
Deferasirox traps and removes excess iron which is then excreted mainly in the stools. This reduces the risk of organ damage.
Common side effects of deferasirox
Nausea, Headache, Vomiting, Rash, Dyspepsia, Abdominal pain, Constipation, Itching, Increased liver enzymes, Abdominal distension, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Deferasirox
- ₹171 to ₹540Natco Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹241 to ₹403Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹830 to ₹1522Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹275 to ₹827Novartis India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹200 to ₹420Globela Pharma Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹752 to ₹2134Novartis India Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹199 to ₹488Taj Pharma India Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Deferasirox
- Always take deferasirox tablet on an empty stomach by dissolving into a glass of water.
- Do not chew, crush, break or swallow the tablets as a whole.
- Deferasirox may cause dizziness. It is advisable not to drive or operate any machinery until you feel normal again.
- Avoid taking deferasirox if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions for Deferasirox
Q. What is Deferasirox used for?
Deferasirox is used for removing excess iron from the body due to repeated blood transfusions in patients with beta thalassemia major (a blood disorder)
Q. How does Deferasirox work?
Deferasirox works by binding to excess iron in the blood and removing it from the body through stool.