Information about Darifenacin
Darifenacin is used in the treatment of Overactive bladder (OAB) symptoms. OAB is a collection of urinary symptoms, including frequent urination, urgent need to urinate, and inability to control urination.
How darifenacin works
Darifenacin is an antimuscarinic. It works by relaxing muscles of the urinary bladder and prevents frequent, urgent or uncontrolled urination.
Common side effects of darifenacin
Dryness in mouth, Nausea, Constipation, Dyspepsia, Abdominal pain, Blurred vision
Available Medicine for Darifenacin
- ₹232 to ₹347Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹226Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹232 to ₹325Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹220 to ₹224Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹339 to ₹395Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹235 to ₹395Ajanta Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹211Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Darifenacin
- Reduces abnormal contractions of bladder.
- Can take up to 4 weeks before you see an improvement in your symptoms.
- Helpful in men with urinary symptoms caused by enlarged prostate.
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol or carbonated drinks as they can worsen your symptoms.
- Side effects are mild and usually include dry mouth and eyes, constipation, difficulty urinating, blurred vision and sleepiness.
Frequently asked questions for Darifenacin
Q. What is Darifenacin?
Darifenacin is an antimuscarinic medicine
Q. What is Darifenacin used for?
Darifenacin is used to treat symptoms of overactive bladder such as frequent or sudden rush to the toilet or leakage of urine
Q. How does Darifenacin work?
Darifenacin works by relaxing the bladder muscles thereby preventing frequent, urgent or uncontrolled urination.