Information about Cyclopentolate
Cyclopentolate is used in eye examination and uveitis.
How cyclopentolate works
Cyclopentolate is used to dilate or enlarge the pupil of the eye so that the doctor can examine the back of the eyeball. It may also be used to reduce pain in certain eye conditions.
Common side effects of cyclopentolate
Eye irritation, Foreign body sensation in eyes, Blurred vision, Eye itching, Stinging in the eyes, Increased intraocular pressure, Burning sensation in eye
Available Medicine for Cyclopentolate
- ₹47Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹46Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹93Jawa Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹39Klar Sehen Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹29Sunways India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹39Entod Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹33Appasamy Ocular Device Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹45Optica Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹34Bell Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹67Pharmtak Ophtalmics India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cyclopentolate
- Consult your doctor if you have red and painful eyes, prone to increased eye pressure, men with enlarged prostate, have heart problems, ataxia (unsteadiness or coordination problems).
- Cyclopentolate eye drops can cause blurred vision. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery until the effect is gone.
- Remove soft lenses prior to instilling cyclopentolate eye drop and wait for at least 15 minutes prior to reinserting lenses.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Cyclopentolate
Q. What is cyclopentolate hydrochloride ophthalmic solution or eye drop?
Cyclopentolate hydrochloride ophthalmic solution or eye drop is a mydriatic-anticholinergic drug. It is used to enlarge the pupil of the eye (preventing the eye from focusing) and to paralyze the lens temporarily before an eye examination or surgery and
Q. Why is Cyclopentolate prescribed for microbial keratitis?
Cyclopentolate is prescribed for microbial keratitis to help in controlling pain and to prevent synechia (adherence of iris to cornea) formation
Q. How long does Cyclopentolate take to work?
Cyclopentolate takes about 30-60 min to work
Q. How long does Cyclopentolate last?
It lasts for about 1 day.