Information about Cyclopentolate
Cyclopentolate is used in eye examination and uveitis.
How cyclopentolate works
Cyclopentolate is used to dilate or enlarge the pupil of the eye so that the doctor can examine the back of the eyeball. It may also be used to reduce pain in certain eye conditions.
Common side effects of cyclopentolate
Eye irritation, Foreign body sensation in eyes, Blurred vision, Eye itching, Stinging in the eyes, Increased intraocular pressure, Burning sensation in eye
Available Medicine for Cyclopentolate
- ₹51Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹93Jawa Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹49Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹39Klar Sehen Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹33Sunways India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹45Entod Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹45Optica Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹36Appasamy Ocular Device Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹67Pharmtak Ophtalmics India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹34Bell Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cyclopentolate
- Cyclopentolate enlarges the pupil for eye examination and is commonly used in adults.
- It also reduces inflammation (redness and swelling) after cataract surgery.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute immediately after instilling the drop.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- Stinging sensation may occur for 1-2 mins. Notify your doctor if it persists for longer.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.
Frequently asked questions for Cyclopentolate
Q. What is cyclopentolate hydrochloride ophthalmic solution or eye drop?
Cyclopentolate hydrochloride ophthalmic solution or eye drop is a mydriatic-anticholinergic drug. It is used to enlarge the pupil of the eye (preventing the eye from focusing) and to paralyze the lens temporarily before an eye examination or surgery and
Q. Why is Cyclopentolate prescribed for microbial keratitis?
Cyclopentolate is prescribed for microbial keratitis to help in controlling pain and to prevent synechia (adherence of iris to cornea) formation
Q. How long does Cyclopentolate take to work?
Cyclopentolate takes about 30-60 min to work
Q. How long does Cyclopentolate last?
It lasts for about 1 day.