Information about Cyclobenzaprine
Cyclobenzaprine is used for muscle relaxation. It relieves painful spasms of the skeletal muscles.
How cyclobenzaprine works
Cyclobenzaprine is a muscle relaxant. It works on the centres in the brain and spinal cord to relieve muscle stiffness or spasm without reduction in strength. This improves pain and movement of muscles.
Common side effects of cyclobenzaprine
Sleepiness, Dryness in mouth
Available Medicine for Cyclobenzaprine
- ₹180 to ₹290Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹52 to ₹240Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹85Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹114Sigmund Promedica1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cyclobenzaprine
- Cyclobenzaprine can increase the effects of other CNS depressants (alcohol, barbiturates) medicine.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Cyclobenzaprine, as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Cyclobenzaprine
Q. Is cyclobenzaprine addictive/ habit forming?
Cyclobenzaprine is not addictive/ habit forming if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is cyclobenzaprine an opiate/ blood thinner/ pain killer/NSAID?
Cyclobenzaprine is not an opiate/ blood thinner/ NSAID. It is a centrally acting anticholinergic drug
Q. Is cyclobenzaprine the same as Flexeril?
Yes. Flexeril is a brand name of drug cyclobenzaprine
Q. Can I take cyclobenzaprine for anxiety/ gout/ tooth pain (toothache)/ menstrual cramps/ back pain/ lower back pain/pinched nerve/ headaches?
Cyclobenzaprine is used along with physical therapy and rest specifically to relieve pain, stiffness or discomfort caused by muscle injury
Q. Can I take cyclobenzaprine with Aleve (naproxen)/ diclofenac/ Tylenol (acetaminophen)/ methylprednisolone?
Yes. Taking these drugs along with cyclobenzaprine is not reported to cause any side effects. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Can I take cyclobenzaprine with Percocet (acetaminophen and oxycodone)/ Zoloft (sertraline)/ Tylenol 3/ Nyquil (dextromethophan and doxylamine)/ Tizanidine/ methylprednisolone/ Ambien (zolpidem)?
No. Taking these drugs along with cyclobenzaprine may cause harmful effects such as drowsiness, difficulty in concentrating or seizures. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Does cyclobenzaprine cause drowsiness/ hair loss/ raise blood sugar?
Drowsiness is commonly observed with cyclobenzaprine use. Stop taking cyclobenzaprine and consult your doctor immediately if you experience any of these symptoms
Q. Does cyclobenzaprine contain codeine/ sulfa?
No. Cyclobenzaprine does not contain codeine/sulfa.