How it works
Common side effects
- Consult your doctor if you have any of the following conditions: heart rhythm disorder (arrhythmia), or recent heart attack, congestive heart failure, heart block, thyroid disorder, liver disease, glaucoma, enlarged prostate, or problems with urination.
- You may experience unpleasant withdrawal symptoms if you discontinue cyclobenzaprine after long-term use. Seek advice from your doctor to avoid withdrawal symptoms when you stop taking this medication.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as cyclobenzaprine may make you feel drowsy.
- Do not consume alcohol as it may worsen the side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is cyclobenzaprine addictive/ habit forming?
Cyclobenzaprine is not addictive/ habit forming if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is cyclobenzaprine an opiate/ blood thinner/ pain killer/NSAID?
Cyclobenzaprine is not an opiate/ blood thinner/ NSAID. It is a centrally acting anticholinergic drug
Q. Is cyclobenzaprine the same as Flexeril?
Yes. Flexeril is a brand name of drug cyclobenzaprine
Q. Can I take cyclobenzaprine for anxiety/ gout/ tooth pain (toothache)/ menstrual cramps/ back pain/ lower back pain/pinched nerve/ headaches?
Cyclobenzaprine is used along with physical therapy and rest specifically to relieve pain, stiffness or discomfort caused by muscle injury
Q. Can I take cyclobenzaprine with Aleve (naproxen)/ diclofenac/ Tylenol (acetaminophen)/ methylprednisolone?
Yes. Taking these drugs along with cyclobenzaprine is not reported to cause any side effects. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Can I take cyclobenzaprine with Percocet (acetaminophen and oxycodone)/ Zoloft (sertraline)/ Tylenol 3/ Nyquil (dextromethophan and doxylamine)/ Tizanidine/ methylprednisolone/ Ambien (zolpidem)?
No. Taking these drugs along with cyclobenzaprine may cause harmful effects such as drowsiness, difficulty in concentrating or seizures. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Does cyclobenzaprine cause drowsiness/ hair loss/ raise blood sugar?
Drowsiness is commonly observed with cyclobenzaprine use. Stop taking cyclobenzaprine and consult your doctor immediately if you experience any of these symptoms
Q. Does cyclobenzaprine contain codeine/ sulfa?
No. Cyclobenzaprine does not contain codeine/sulfa.