Information about Conivaptan
Conivaptan is used in the treatment of syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion (SIADH).
How conivaptan works
Conivaptan increases the frequency of urine which, in turn, increases the amount of water released from the body. Removing fluid from the body helps to maintain the level of sodium in the blood.
Common side effects of conivaptan
Headache, Dizziness, Frequent urge to urinate, Nocturia (increased urge to urinate during the night), Dryness in mouth, Fatigue, Diarrhoea, Polyuria, Increased thirst
Available Medicine for Conivaptan
- ₹1299Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Conivaptan
- Tell your doctor if you have any of the following medical conditions: congestive heart failure; liver or kidney disease; alcoholism; human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) or acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).
- Before taking conivaptan, consult your doctor if you are malnourished or are taking medicines to lower your cholesterol.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
- Conivaptan may lead to dizziness. Avoid getting up too fast from a sitting or lying position till you feel steady.
Frequently asked questions for Conivaptan
Q. What is Conivaptan medication/ what is Conivaptan used for?
Conivaptan is used to treat low sodium levels in the body (hyponatremia)
Q. How does Conivaptan work?
Conivaptan reduces the high level of a hormone that cause imbalance of water and salt (sodium) in the body.