Information about Colistimethate
Colistimethate is used in the treatment of bacterial infections and serious bacterial infections.
How colistimethate works
Colistimethate is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by destroying the bacterial cell membrane.
Common side effects of colistimethate
Numbness of tongue, Decreased urination, Allergic reaction, Itching, Application site irritation, Chest tightness, Diarrhoea, Fever, Dizziness, Shortness of breath, Muscle weakness, Stomach upset
Available Medicine for Colistimethate
- ₹1987Abbott1 variant(s)
- ₹845Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹835 to ₹3929Biocon4 variant(s)
- ₹31Hi Tech Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹948Delcure Life Sciences1 variant(s)
- ₹1328United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1490 to ₹1563Unichem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹859 to ₹1529Fusion Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹839Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1045 to ₹2250Akumentis Healthcare Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Colistimethate
- Consult your doctor if you have any of the following medical conditions: kidney disease, myasthenia gravis (neuromuscular disease characterized by very weak muscles and unusual tiredness), porphyria (a rare blood pigment disorder that affects skin and other organs) or asthma (difficulty in breathing).
- Caution should be taken in premature and new-born babies as the kidneys are not fully developed or in children younger than 10 years of age who have diarrhea or an infection of the stomach or bowel.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery because you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with colistimethate.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking colistimethate as it may worsen the side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.