Information about Clobetasol + Gentamicin
Clobetasol + Gentamicin Uses
Clobetasol+Gentamicin is used in the treatment of bacterial skin infections.
How Clobetasol + Gentamicin works
Clobetasol + Gentamicin is a combination of three medicines: Clobetasol and Gentamicin, which treats bacterial skin infections. Clobetasol is a steroid medicine. It blocks the production of certain chemical messengers (prostaglandins) that make the skin red, swollen and itchy. Gentamicin is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by preventing the synthesis of essential proteins required by the bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of Clobetasol + Gentamicin
Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness), Thinning of skin
Available Medicine for Clobetasol + Gentamicin
Clobetamil GMerck Ltd
₹23 to ₹282 variant(s)
₹25 to ₹292 variant(s)
Zincoderm-GApex Laboratories Pvt Ltd
Etan-GMenarini India Pvt Ltd
Clovate GDermo Care Laboratories
Colbet-GParry Pharma Pvt Ltd
Tenovate GGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Clobal GAlive Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd
Topisone GDigmedi Pvt Ltd
Clopinate GMonichem Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Clobetasol + Gentamicin
- Clobetasol + Gentamicin may take several weeks to show its action. Keep using it as suggested by your doctor.
- Wash your skin with a mild cleanser and pat it dry before applying Clobetasol + Gentamicin.
- Apply it as a thin layer onto clean, dry, unbroken skin affected by acne.
- It may cause minor burning, stinging or irritation when applied. Inform your doctor if this does not go away.
- Avoid contact with your eyes, nose or mouth. Rinse it off with water if you accidentally get the cream in these areas.
- It is advisable not to touch or scratch the infected area as it can worsen the situation.