Information about Clobetasol
Clobetasol is used in the treatment of severe allergic reaction, allergic disorders and skin disorders.
How clobetasol works
Clobetasol is a highly potent topical corticosteroid. It reduces the actions of chemicals in the body that cause inflammation..
Common side effects of clobetasol
Muscle disorders, Electrolyte imbalance, Altered bone growth, Skin scar, Redistribution/accumulation of body fat, Bone degradation, Behavioural changes, Increased blood pressure, Increased glucose level in blood, Cataract, Increased risk of infection
Expert advice for Clobetasol
- It is a steroid medicine which works well for many different conditions, including serious illnesses.
- Take regularly to gain maximum benefit.
- Do not discontinue unless advised by your doctor. You may need to decrease the dose gradually.
- You may get side effects such as mood changes or stomach problems. Notify your doctor if you get them.
- Some side effects may occur after weeks or months. These include weakness of arms and legs, or developing a rounder face.
- Your risk of getting an infection may become higher. Tell your doctor immediately if you have a fever, flu-like symptoms, cough, painful urination, or a wound that does not heal.
Frequently asked questions for Clobetasol
Q. Is Clobetasol propionate used for hair loss/ does Clobetasol help hair growth?
Clobetasol is used for discomfort in various scalp and skin conditions; however not used for treatment of hair loss or hair growth. Always consult your doctor regarding its use
Q. Is Clobetasol propionate good for acne/ athlete's foot/ ringworm?
Clobetasol should not be used for conditions like acne, athlete's foot or ringworm. Always consult your doctor regarding its use.
Q. Is clobetasol propionate a steroid/ an antifungal/ OTC?
Clobetasol (also available as Cosvate cream, Cosvate G) is a potent topical corticosteroid used for the treatment of itching, redness, dryness, inflammation, and discomfort of various scalp and skin conditions. It is not an antifungal. It is available only by prescription given by your doctor
Q. Does Clobetasol propionate cause hair loss / thinning of skin?
Long-term use of steroids may damage your hair or skin. Always follow the advice of your doctor regarding its use