Information about Clobetasol
How Clobetasol works
Clobetasol is a steroid. It works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers that make the skin red, swollen and itchy.
Common side effects of Clobetasol
Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness), Thinning of skin
Available Medicine for Clobetasol
TenovateGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹82 to ₹1172 variant(s)
ClonateHegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP
₹140 to ₹2094 variant(s)
TopinateSystopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹59 to ₹874 variant(s)
CosvateOaknet Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹84 to ₹1123 variant(s)
ExelSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
ZincodermApex Laboratories Pvt Ltd
ClosoneHegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP
NiosolKLM Laboratories Pvt Ltd
TezcortGlowderma Labs Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Clobetasol
- Clobetasol is used to treat redness, swelling, itching, and discomfort of various skin conditions.
- It should be applied to the affected areas as a thin film, two times daily, or as advised by your doctor.
- Do not use it more often or for longer than advised by your doctor.
- Do not cover the area being treated with airtight dressings such as bandages unless directed by a doctor, as this may increase the risk of side effects.
- If you think the area of skin you are treating has become infected you should stop using Clobetasol and consult your doctor.
- Consult your doctor if your skin condition has not improved after four weeks of treatment. Do not use it for more than 4 consecutive weeks at a time.