Information about Clindamycin Topical
Clindamycin topical uses
Clindamycin Topical is used in the treatment of acne.
How clindamycin topical works
Clindamycin Topical is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, which are required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of clindamycin topical
Available Medicine for Clindamycin Topical
- ₹90 to ₹121USV Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹137 to ₹330Alkem Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹118 to ₹346Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹158Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹73 to ₹76Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹135 to ₹278Brinton Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹89Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹116Palsons Derma1 variant(s)
- ₹61 to ₹63Magnachem Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹75Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Clindamycin Topical
- Discontinue use of topical clindamycin and contact your doctor immediately, if you experience diarrhea or bloody diarrhea.
- Avoid vaginal intercourse or use of other intravaginal products such as tampons or douches while using clindamycin cream.
- Clindamycin cream contains mineral oil that may weaken latex products (condoms and diaphragms) and may not provide adequate birth control. Therefore, do not use these products within 72 hours of using clindamycin cream.
- Avoid direct contact of cream with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water and seek immediate medical attention.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to clindamycin, lincomycin or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you have Crohn’s disease (a chronic inflammatory disease of the intestines), antibiotic-associated colitis (colon inflammation).
Frequently asked questions for Clindamycin Topical
Q. Can I use clindamycin with a penicillin allergy?
Clindamycin is considered safe for use in patients with a penicillin allergy
Q. Does clindamycin treat acne scars?
Clindamycin can prevent the formation of new scars by preventing formation of new acne, but will not be useful for the scars already formed
Q. Can clindamycin cream cause thrush?
Yes. Use of clindamycin cream may cause thrush (a type of fungal or yeast infection) in rare cases.