Information about Citicoline + Piracetam
Citicoline + Piracetam Uses
Citicoline+Piracetam is used in the treatment of stroke.
How Citicoline + Piracetam works
Citicoline + Piracetam is a combination of two medicines: Citicoline and Piracetam. Citicoline is a nerve protecting medicine. It works on the brain by nourishing the nerve cells, protects them from damage and improves their survival. Piracetam is a GABA (gamma amino butyric acid) analogue. It works by protecting the brain and nervous system against shortness of oxygen and also affects various ion channels on nerve cell membrane.
Common side effects of Citicoline + Piracetam
Weight gain, Hyperactivity, Stomach pain, Nervousness, Diarrhea, Decreased blood pressure
Available Medicine for Citicoline + Piracetam
Strocit PlusSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Colihenz PLa Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹657 to ₹7012 variant(s)
Ceham-PAlkem Laboratories Ltd
Neurocetam PlusMicro Labs Ltd
Prexaron PlusIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Storax PRIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹701 to ₹7712 variant(s)
Citimac PMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹610 to ₹6912 variant(s)
Strocoz PlusEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Citicoline + Piracetam
- Citicoline + Piracetam is generally prescribed for memory enhancement, neurological and cognitive disorders and conditions such as Stroke, Parkinsonism and Alzheimer diseases.
- Citicoline + Piracetam may cause drowsiness and shakiness which may affect your concentration and driving ability so do not drive unless you are feeling well.
- Dose adjustment may be needed in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
- Citicoline + Piracetam can cause weight gain, maintain good eating habits and exercise regularly to prevent this.
- Side effects such as trouble sleeping, diarrhoea, stomach pain, decreased blood pressure, irregular heart rate may occur, which is not with everyone. Inform your doctor if you notice any other side effect.