Cimetropium Bromide is used in the treatment of pain due to smooth muscle spasm
How it works
Cimetropium bromide belongs to a group of medications known as anti-spasmodic and anti-cholinergic drugs. It relieves abdominal pain by preventing the contraction as well as relaxing the intestinal muscles.
Common side effects
Slow heart rate, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Photophobia, Dilatation of pupil, Palpitations, Difficulty in urination, Dry mouth, Constipation, Arrhythmia, Dry skin, Increased heart rate, Reduced bronchial secretions, Excessive thirst, Loss of accommodation
- ₹118Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- Use cimetropium under strict medical supervision if you have any disease of nervous system, respiratory diseases, thyroid disease or heart diseases.
- Caution to be exercised while taking cimetropium if you have diarrhoea or fever (especially in children).
- Do not drive or operate machinery as it may cause drowsiness.
- Not safe for Patients who are allergic to cimetropium bromide or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if suffering from glaucoma (damage in the optic nerve), urinary retention (inability to empty the bladder), reflux esophagitis (inflammation or irritation of the esophagus), myasthenia gravis (rare chronic autoimmune disease marked by muscular weakness).
- Do not take if suffering from prostatic enlargement, paralytic ileus (disruption of the normal propulsive ability of the gastrointestinal tract) or pyloric stenosis (narrowing of the opening from the stomach to the small intestine).