Cilastatin is used in the treatment of serious bacterial infections.
How it works
Cilastatin blocks the enzymes that destroys other antibiotics.
Common side effects
Vomiting, Nausea, Allergic reaction, Confusion, Diarrhoea, Fever, Rash
AVAILABLE MEDICINENo medicine available
- You will be monitored for kidney and liver function due to the risk of toxicity.
- Tell your doctor if you are on a controlled sodium diet, as cilastatin contains sodium.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or are planning to be pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Tell your doctor if you have or have ever had seizures; a brain injury; kidney, liver, or gastrointestinal disease (especially colitis); or asthma.
- Do not take if patient is allergic to cilastatin or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take children less than 1 year, and child with a brain or nervous system infection, or weighs less than 66 lb (30 kg) and has kidney problems