How it works
Common side effects
Available MedicineNo medicine available
- Do not take bath, shower, or swim for at least 8 hours after applying ciclopirox topical solution.
- Be careful not to apply the solution on other areas of the skin or parts of your body, especially near the eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Seek medical attention if you experience pain, irritation, itching, burning, blistering, swelling, or oozing and/or discoloration or change in shape of affected or ingrown nail(s).
- Avoid the use of occlusive dressings (which seal the wound from air or bacteria).
- Do not use nail polish or any other nail cosmetics on the treated nails.
- Do not use this drug if you are allergic to ciclopirox or any of its ingredients.
- Avoid use of ciclopirox near heat or an open flame as the drug is flammable.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is ciclopirox over the counter?
Ciclopirox is not an over the counter medicine. It is sold only upon a prescription by a registered medical practitioner
Q. Is ciclopirox a steroid/ an antibiotic?
No. Ciclopirox is not a steroid or an antibiotic
Q. Is ciclopirox safe?
Ciclopirox is safe if used at recommended dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Does ciclopirox cure HIV?
Ciclopirox does not cure HIV.