Information about Cetrorelix
Cetrorelix is used in the treatment of female infertility.
How cetrorelix works
In females undergoing treatment for infertility, sometimes premature ovulation can lead to the release of eggs which are not ready for fertilisation. Cetrorelix blocks the action of a natural hormone and prevents premature release of the eggs from the ovary. In males, Cetrorelix lowers the amount of testosterone (a male hormone) produced by the body. This may slow or stop the spread and growth of prostate cancer cells that need testosterone to grow.
Common side effects of cetrorelix
Headache, Nausea, Abdominal pain, Injection site reaction, Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome
Available Medicine for Cetrorelix
- ₹1000 to ₹1100Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1217Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1212Bharat Serums & Vaccines Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1127Serum Institute Of India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1271Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹650LG Lifesciences1 variant(s)
- ₹567Sanzyme Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1239Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2272Merck Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1100Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
Frequently asked questions for Cetrorelix
Q. How does Cetrorelix work?
Cetrorelix works in combination with other hormonal therapies during assisted reproductive treatment in women to prevent release of eggs from the ovaries.