Information about Cetrimide
Cetrimide is used to prevent infections.
How cetrimide works
Cetrimide is an antiseptic which treats infection in the affected area and relieves irritation.
Common side effects of cetrimide
Available Medicine for Cetrimide
- ₹70 to ₹85Psychotropics India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹48J B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹100Fitwel Pharmaceuticals Private Limited1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cetrimide
- Do not use cetrimide for a long period and repeatedly as it may cause allergic reactions.
- Cetrimide is for topical use only. Avoid contact with mucous membrane such mouth, nose, ears, anus, or vagina.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop severe allergic reactions.
- Consult your doctor if your condition does not improve or worsens after cetrimide application.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Cetrimide
Q. Is Cetrimide a preservative?
Cetrimide is a quaternary ammonium preservative used to limit bacterial growth
Q. Is Cetrimide toxic?
Cetrimide is toxic to bacteria. Local application is non-toxic to humans. However, overdose or accidental oral intake may cause gastrointestinal irritation
Q. Is Cetrimide agar selective?
Cetrimide agar is a type of agar which allows selective isolation of pseudomonas aeruginosa
Q. What is Cetrimide cream/ solution?
Cetrimide cream is a cream for topical application for prevention of infection of cuts, grazes, insect bite, minor burns, wounds and scalds)
Q. How does Cetrimide kill bacteria?
Cetrimide is a quaternary ammonium disinfectant having bactericidal activity against both gram-positive and gram-negative organisms.