Information about Cetrimide
Cetrimide is used to prevent infections.
How cetrimide works
Cetrimide is a disinfectant that can prevent infection by both gram-positive and gram-negative organisms, as it is bactericidal in nature..
Common side effects of cetrimide
Rash, Skin irritation, Itching, Skin redness
Available Medicine for Cetrimide
- ₹70 to ₹85Psychotropics India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹48J B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹100Fitwel Pharmaceuticals Private Limited1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cetrimide
- Do not use cetrimide for a long period and repeatedly as it may cause allergic reactions.
- Cetrimide is for topical use only. Avoid contact with mucous membrane such mouth, nose, ears, anus, or vagina.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop severe allergic reactions.
- Consult your doctor if your condition does not improve or worsens after cetrimide application.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Cetrimide
Q. Is Cetrimide a preservative?
Cetrimide is a quaternary ammonium preservative used to limit bacterial growth
Q. Is Cetrimide toxic?
Cetrimide is toxic to bacteria. Local application is non-toxic to humans. However, overdose or accidental oral intake may cause gastrointestinal irritation
Q. Is Cetrimide agar selective?
Cetrimide agar is a type of agar which allows selective isolation of pseudomonas aeruginosa
Q. What is Cetrimide cream/ solution?
Cetrimide cream is a cream for topical application for prevention of infection of cuts, grazes, insect bite, minor burns, wounds and scalds)
Q. How does Cetrimide kill bacteria?
Cetrimide is a quaternary ammonium disinfectant having bactericidal activity against both gram-positive and gram-negative organisms.