Information about Cetilistat
Cetilistat is used in obesity. It should be taken along with a low-calorie diet.
How cetilistat works
Cetilistat is a lipase inhibitor. It works in the stomach and small intestine by blocking the absorption of fat from food by blocking enzymes responsible for the breakdown of fat.
Common side effects of cetilistat
Fat in stool , Abdominal cramp, Flatus with discharge, Oily spotting, Bowel incontinence, Flatulence, Abdominal pain, Diarrhoea, Soft stools
Available Medicine for Cetilistat
- ₹438Akumentis Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹399Akumentis Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cetilistat
- Safe for long-term use. If taken along with a calorie restricted diet, Cetilistat can help decrease nearly 10% of body weight in 1 year.
- Decreases fat absorption by about 30%.
- Take during or up to 1 hour after meal.
- Skip dose if you miss a meal or if your meal contains no fat.
- A multivitamin supplement containing vitamins A, D, and K, and β-carotene is recommended when taking Cetilistat.
Frequently asked questions for Cetilistat
Q. Is Cetilistat a steroid?
No. Cetilistat is not a steroid
Q. How does Cetilistat work?
Cetilistat inhibits the activity of lipase, a lipolytic enzyme, secreted by the digestive tract and pancreas, and blocks the absorption of fat from the gut, resulting in reduced body weight.