Information about Cetalkonium Chloride
Cetalkonium chloride uses
Cetalkonium Chloride is used to prevent infections.
How cetalkonium chloride works
Cetalkonium chloride belongs to the class of drugs known as anti-infective agents. It acts by killing harmful microorganisms thereby preventing the infection.
Common side effects of cetalkonium chloride
Asthma, Nausea, Vomiting.
Available Medicine for Cetalkonium ChlorideNo medicine available
Expert advice for Cetalkonium Chloride
• Do not use cetalkonium chloride in combination with lidocaine hydrochloride in infants < 2 months of age and in combination with choline salicylate in children and adolescents < 16 years.
• Do not apply the gel directly on the dentures.
• Do not exceed the mentioned dose as it may lead to salicylate toxicity.
• Exercise caution if you are a patient with liver or heart dysfunction.
• Inform your doctor/dentist if symptoms do not disappear after 7 days of use.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Should not be given to patients who are allergic to cetalkonium chloride or any of its ingredients.
• Should not be given to patients suffering from stomach ulcer, gout and children and adolescents < 16 years if used in combination with choline salicylate.