Cetalkonium Chloride is used to prevent infections.
How it works
Cetalkonium chloride belongs to the class of drugs known as anti-infective agents. It acts by killing harmful microorganisms thereby preventing the infection.
Common side effects
Asthma, Nausea, Vomiting
AVAILABLE MEDICINENo medicine available
• Do not use cetalkonium chloride in combination with lidocaine hydrochloride in infants < 2 months of age and in combination with choline salicylate in children and adolescents < 16 years.
• Do not apply the gel directly on the dentures.
• Do not exceed the mentioned dose as it may lead to salicylate toxicity.
• Exercise caution if you are a patient with liver or heart dysfunction.
• Inform your doctor/dentist if symptoms do not disappear after 7 days of use.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Should not be given to patients who are allergic to cetalkonium chloride or any of its ingredients.
• Should not be given to patients suffering from stomach ulcer, gout and children and adolescents < 16 years if used in combination with choline salicylate.