Information about Ceftazidime + Tazobactum
Ceftazidime + Tazobactum Uses
Ceftazidime+Tazobactum is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Ceftazidime + Tazobactum works
Ceftazidime + Tazobactum is a combination of two medicines: Ceftazidime and Tazobactum. Ceftazidime is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria. Tazobactum is a beta-lactamase inhibitor which reduces resistance and enhances the activity of Ceftazidime against bacteria.
Common side effects of Ceftazidime + Tazobactum
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Stomach pain, Increased liver enzymes, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Ceftazidime + Tazobactum
₹93 to ₹3142 variant(s)
Megazid XPMapra Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹106 to ₹3103 variant(s)
ZadimacMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹110 to ₹3123 variant(s)
Lortinil TZVeritaz Healthcare Ltd
Forzid TZUnited Biotech Pvt Ltd
Tazid XPAlkem Laboratories Ltd
Fotaran TZVhb Life Sciences Inc
Keftaglan TGland Pharma Limited
Expert advice for Ceftazidime + Tazobactum
- You have been prescribed this combination medicine to treat bacterial infections even if they have developed resistance.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Taking probiotics along with Ceftazidime + Tazobactum may help. Talk to your doctor if you notice bloody stools or develop abdominal cramps.
- Take it with food and plenty of fluids to avoid an upset stomach.
- Stop taking Ceftazidime + Tazobactum and inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking it.