Ceftazidime + Tazobactum
Information about Ceftazidime + Tazobactum
Ceftazidime + tazobactum uses
Ceftazidime+Tazobactum is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How ceftazidime + tazobactum works
This is a combination of two medicines: Ceftazidime and Tazobactum. Ceftazidime is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria. Tazobactum is a beta-lactamase inhibitor which reduces resistance and enhances the activity of Ceftazidime against bacteria.
Common side effects of ceftazidime + tazobactum
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Stomach pain, Increased liver enzymes, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Ceftazidime + Tazobactum
- ₹314Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹106 to ₹310Mapra Laboratories Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹413Veritaz Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹312Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹473United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹216Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹127Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹275Vhb Life Sciences Inc1 variant(s)
- ₹327Gland Pharma Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹114 to ₹229Akumentis Healthcare Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ceftazidime + Tazobactum
- You have been prescribed this combination medicine to treat bacterial infections even if they have developed resistance.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Taking probiotics along with Ceftazidime + Tazobactum may help. Talk to your doctor if you notice bloody stools or develop abdominal cramps.
- Take it with food and plenty of fluids to avoid an upset stomach.
- Stop taking Ceftazidime + Tazobactum and inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking it.
Frequently asked questions for Ceftazidime + Tazobactum
Ceftazidime + Tazobactum
Q. Can the use of Ceftazidime+Tazobactum cause diarrhea?
Yes, the use of Ceftazidime+Tazobactum can cause diarrhea. It is an antibiotic which kills the harmful bacteria. However, it also affects the helpful bacteria in your stomach or intestine and causes diarrhea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhea, talk to your doctor about it.
Q. How long does Ceftazidime+Tazobactum takes to work?
Usually, Ceftazidime+Tazobactum starts working soon after taking it. However, it may take some days to kill all the harmful bacteria and make you feel better.
Q. What if I don't get better after using Ceftazidime+Tazobactum?
Inform your doctor if you don't feel better after finishing the full course of treatment. Also, inform him if your symptoms are getting worse while using this medicine.