Information about Cefprozil
Cefprozil is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How cefprozil works
Cefprozil is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by attacking their cell wall. Specifically, it prevents the synthesis of a substance in the cell wall called peptidoglycan, which provides the cell wall with the strength required for survival of bacteria in human body.
Common side effects of cefprozil
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Cefprozil
- ₹121 to ₹505Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹284Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹290Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹116 to ₹220Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹600Maxamus International1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cefprozil
- Always take the complete course of treatment, as advised by your doctor even if you feel better.
- Never take an antibiotic for a viral infection like a cold or the flu.
- Can lead to nausea and diarrhoea frequently. If this becomes severe or persistent or you notice that your stool contains blood or mucus you should stop taking Cefprozil immediately and consult your doctor.
- Inform your doctor if you develop a rash or other unexpected symptoms.
- Inform your doctor if there is the previous history of drug allergy.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
Frequently asked questions for Cefprozil
Q. Is cefprozil same as penicillin/ or related to penicillin or contain penicillin?
Beta-lactam group of antibiotics and cross sensitivity has been demonstrated
Q. Is Cefprozil a sulfa based drug?
No, Cefprozil is not a sulpha based drug
Q. Is cefprozil stronger than amoxicillin?
Such comparisons between antibiotics cannot be drawn as these medicines are used for different indications depending on the doctor's clinical experience
Q. Is Cefprozil used for strep throat, sinus infection, and bronchitis?
Yes, Cefprozil is prescribed for strep throat, sinus infection, and bronchitis
Q. Can I take tylenol (paracetamol), advil (ibuprofen), Nyquil (cold and flu medication), mucinex (guaifenesin), and benadryl with Cefprozil?
There are no known drug interaction of Cefprozil with tylenol (paracetamol), advil (ibuprofen), Nyquil (cold and flu medication), mucinex (guaifenesin) and benadryl
Q. Does Cefprozil treat urinary tract infections (UTI)?
No, Cefprozil is mainly indicated for respiratory tract infections caused by susceptible bacteria
Q. Does Cefprozil interfere with birth control?
No, there no known effects of Cefprozil on birth control
Q. Does Cefprozil make you tired?
Yes, Cefprozil may make you feel tired and sleepy.