Cefprozil is used in the treatment of bacterial infections
How it works
Cefprozil is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by attacking their cell wall. Specifically, it prevents the synthesis of a substance in the cell wall called peptidoglycan, which provides the cell wall with the strength required for survival of bacteria in human body.
Common side effects
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction
- ₹121 to ₹505Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹284 to ₹524Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹290Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹116 to ₹220Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- Only use Cefprozil when prescribed by a registered medical doctor.
- Always take the full prescription, even if you feel better.
- Can lead to nausea and diarrhoea frequently.
- Inform your doctor if you develop a rash or other unexpected symptoms.
- Inform your doctor if there is the previous history of drug allergy.
- Avoid taking for a long duration as there is a risk of serious intestinal infection and low blood count.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is cefprozil same as penicillin/ or related to penicillin or contain penicillin?
Beta-lactam group of antibiotics and cross sensitivity has been demonstrated
Q. Is cefprozil a sulfa based drug?
No, cefprozil is not a sulpha based drug
Q. Is cefprozil stronger than amoxicillin?
Such comparisons between antibiotics cannot be drawn as these medicines are used for different indications depending on the doctor's clinical experience
Q. Is cefprozil used for strep throat, sinus infection, and bronchitis?
Yes, cefprozil is prescribed for strep throat, sinus infection, and bronchitis
Q. Can I take tylenol (paracetamol), advil (ibuprofen), Nyquil (cold and flu medication), mucinex (guaifenesin), and benadryl with cefprozil?
There are no known drug interaction of cefprozil with tylenol (paracetamol), advil (ibuprofen), Nyquil (cold and flu medication), mucinex (guaifenesin) and benadryl
Q. Does cefprozil treat urinary tract infections (UTI)?
No, cefprozil is mainly indicated for respiratory tract infections caused by susceptible bacteria
Q. Does cefprozil interfere with birth control?
No, there no known effects of cefprozil on birth control
Q. Does cefprozil make you tired?
Yes, cefprozil may make you feel tired and sleepy.