Information about Cefpirome
Cefpirome is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used for short-term treatment of bacterial infections of urinary tract, skin and soft-tissue, blood, abdomen, genital and lungs (pneumonia). It is also used to prevent infections after surgery.
How cefpirome works
Cefpirome is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria in the human body.
Common side effects of cefpirome
Rash, Itching, Nausea, Vomiting, Headache, Fever, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Cefpirome
- ₹438United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹99 to ₹499Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹519Zyphar's Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹351Biocon1 variant(s)
- ₹478Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹350Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹110 to ₹360Mapra Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹389Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹243Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries1 variant(s)
- ₹744Sanofi India Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cefpirome
- Your doctor has prescribed Cefpirome to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Discontinue Cefpirome and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- If you're on blood thinners, Cefpirome can interact with your medications and increase your bleeding tendencies.