Information about Cefpirome
Cefpirome is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used for short-term treatment of bacterial infections of urinary tract, skin and soft-tissue, blood, abdomen, genital and lungs (pneumonia). It is also used to prevent infections after surgery.
How cefpirome works
Cefpirome is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering (cell wall) which is needed for them to survive.
Common side effects of cefpirome
Rash, Itching, Nausea, Vomiting, Headache, Fever, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Cefpirome
- ₹99 to ₹499Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹519Zyphar's Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹351Biocon1 variant(s)
- ₹395Venus Remedies Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹349Veritaz Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹478Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹101 to ₹349Alkem Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹410Vhb Life Sciences Inc1 variant(s)
- ₹744Sanofi India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹350Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cefpirome
- Your doctor has prescribed Cefpirome to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- Discontinue Cefpirome and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Cefpirome as it may cause increased side effects.
Frequently asked questions for Cefpirome
Q. What if I don't get better after using Cefpirome?
Inform your doctor if you don't feel better after finishing the full course of treatment. Also, inform him if your symptoms are getting worse while using this medicine.
Q. How long does Cefpirome takes to work?
Usually, Cefpirome starts working soon after taking it. However, it may take some days to kill all the harmful bacteria and make you feel better.
Q. Can the use of Cefpirome cause diarrhea?
Yes, the use of Cefpirome can cause diarrhea. It is an antibiotic which kills the harmful bacteria. However, it also affects the helpful bacteria in your stomach or intestine and causes diarrhea. If diarrhea persists, talk to your doctor about it.