Information about Cefixime + Clavulanic Acid
Cefixime + Clavulanic Acid Uses
Cefixime+Clavulanic Acid is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Cefixime + Clavulanic Acid works
Cefixime + Clavulanic Acid is a combination of two medicines: Cefixime and Clavulanic Acid. Cefixime is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria. Clavulanic Acid is a beta-lactamase inhibitor which reduces resistance and enhances the activity of Cefixime against bacteria.
Common side effects of Cefixime + Clavulanic Acid
Available Medicine for Cefixime + Clavulanic Acid
Zifi CVFDC Ltd
₹72 to ₹3217 variant(s)
Mahacef-CVMankind Pharma Ltd
₹57 to ₹1744 variant(s)
Taxim-O CVAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹117 to ₹3852 variant(s)
Omnix CVCipla Ltd
Gramocef-CVMicro Labs Ltd
₹67 to ₹3553 variant(s)
Ceftas CVIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹117 to ₹3162 variant(s)
Milixim CVGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Hifen CVHetero Drugs Ltd
₹65 to ₹2403 variant(s)
Cefolac CVMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹37 to ₹1685 variant(s)
Rite O Cef CVMicro Labs Ltd
₹94 to ₹2953 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cefixime + Clavulanic Acid
- You have been prescribed this combination medicine to treat bacterial infections even if they have developed resistance.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Take it with food and plenty of fluids to avoid an upset stomach.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Taking probiotics along with Cefixime + Clavulanic Acid may help. Talk to your doctor if you notice bloody stools or develop abdominal cramps.
- Stop taking Cefixime + Clavulanic Acid and inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking it.