Information about Cefdinir
Cefdinir is used in the treatment of Bacterial infections.
How cefdinir works
Cefdinir is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by attacking their cell wall. Specifically, it prevents the synthesis of a substance in the cell wall called peptidoglycan, which provides the cell wall with the strength required for survival of bacteria in human body.
Common side effects of cefdinir
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Cefdinir
- ₹115 to ₹313Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹73 to ₹112Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹89Zuventus Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹103FDC Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹66 to ₹82Parenteral Drugs India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹129Sanat Products Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹191 to ₹427Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹97Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹100 to ₹184Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹171Abbott India Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cefdinir
- Always take the complete course of treatment, as advised by your doctor even if you feel better.
- Never take an antibiotic for a viral infection like a cold or the flu.
- Can lead to nausea and diarrhoea frequently. If this becomes severe or persistent or you notice that your stool contains blood or mucus you should stop taking Cefdinir immediately and consult your doctor.
- Inform your doctor if you develop a rash or other unexpected symptoms.
- Inform your doctor if there is the previous history of drug allergy.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
Frequently asked questions for Cefdinir
Q. Is cefdinir a penicillin or sulfa drug?
No, cefdinir is not a penicillin or sulfa drug. It is a cephalosporin antibiotic
Q. Does Cefdinir affect birth control?
Cefdinir can reduce effectiveness of birth control pills. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q. Does Cefdinir cause constipation, red stool, or diarrhea?
Cefdinir may cause diarrhea or red stool but it is not known to cause constipation
Q. Can I take cefdinir with Allegra (fexofenadine hydrochloride), Benadryl (diphenhydramine), Mucinex (guaifenesin), Nyquil (acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, doxylamine, and pseudoephedrine), Sudafed (dextromethorphan and phenylephrine), Tylenol (acetaminophen), hydrocodone, or ibuprofen?
Cefdinir is not reported to interact with Allegra, Benadryl, Nyquil, Sudafed, Tylenol, hydrocodone, or ibuprofen. Please follow the advice of the doctor regarding their simultaneous use
Q. Does Cefdinir treat strep or sore throat, urinary tract infection (UTI), bladder infection, or tooth infection?
Yes, you can take Cefdinir in strep or sore throat; UTI, or bladder infection. Please consult your doctor for your medical condition before taking the drug
Q. Is Cefdinir gluten free?
Yes. Cefdinir is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q. Is Cefdinir generic?
Yes, Cefdinir is available as generic drug
Q. Does Cefdinir liquid need to be refrigerated?
Cefdinir needs to be stored at 15° to 30°C. It should not be frozen
Q. Is Cefdinir safe?
Cefdinir is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.