Information about Cefazolin
Cefazolin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used before surgeries to prevent the post-surgical bacterial infections.
How cefazolin works
Cefazolin is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering (cell wall) which is needed for them to survive.
Common side effects of cefazolin
Rash, Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness), Vomiting, Allergic reaction, Nausea, Indigestion, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Cefazolin
- ₹13 to ₹26Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹28 to ₹148Shrinivas Gujarat Laboratories Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹16 to ₹22Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹26 to ₹49Global Medisciences Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹22Nootan Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹12 to ₹26Osper Formulations Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹20 to ₹55Neon Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹20 to ₹26Jolly Healthcare2 variant(s)
- ₹26 to ₹49Prem Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹17 to ₹55Lupin Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cefazolin
- Your doctor has prescribed Cefazolin to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- Discontinue Cefazolin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Cefazolin as it may cause increased side effects.
Frequently asked questions for Cefazolin
Q. Can the use of Cefazolin cause diarrhea?
Yes, the use of Cefazolin can cause diarrhea. It is an antibiotic which kills the harmful bacteria. However, it also affects the helpful bacteria in your stomach or intestine and causes diarrhea. If diarrhea persists, talk to your doctor about it.
Q. What if Cefazolin doesn't work?
Talk to your doctor if Cefazolin doesn't seem to work for you. Your doctor may increase the dose of Cefazolin or switch you to an alternate option, which may work for you.
Q. What if I don't get better after using Cefazolin?
Inform your doctor if you don't feel better after finishing the full course of treatment. Also, inform him if your symptoms are getting worse while using this medicine.