Information about Cefazolin
Cefazolin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used before surgeries to prevent the post-surgical bacterial infections.
How Cefazolin works
Cefazolin is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering (cell wall) which is needed for them to survive.
Common side effects of Cefazolin
Rash, Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness), Vomiting, Allergic reaction, Nausea, Indigestion, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Cefazolin
ReflinSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹13 to ₹253 variant(s)
Ancef XPShrinivas Gujarat Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹28 to ₹1473 variant(s)
AlcizonAlembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹16 to ₹213 variant(s)
SefazolGlobal Medisciences Ltd
₹26 to ₹482 variant(s)
AzolinBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
OzolinOsper Formulations Pvt Ltd
₹12 to ₹253 variant(s)
CefadinNeon Laboratories Ltd
₹20 to ₹543 variant(s)
PrezolinPrem Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹26 to ₹492 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cefazolin
- Your doctor has prescribed Cefazolin to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- Discontinue Cefazolin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Cefazolin as it may cause increased side effects.