Information about Cefaclor
Cefaclor is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used in serious bacterial infections of various body parts like urinary tract, skin and soft-tissue, blood, brain and lungs (pneumonia). It is also used to prevent infections after surgery.
How cefaclor works
Cefaclor is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria in the human body.
Common side effects of cefaclor
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Cefaclor
- ₹99 to ₹268Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹92 to ₹540Menarini India Pvt Ltd10 variant(s)
- ₹480 to ₹540Menarini India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹251 to ₹438United Biotech Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹95 to ₹374Icarus Healthcare Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹47 to ₹89Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹55Omega Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹116Taurus Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹120Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹61Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cefaclor
- Your doctor has prescribed Cefaclor to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Discontinue Cefaclor and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- If you're on blood thinners, Cefaclor can interact with your medications and increase your bleeding tendencies.
Frequently asked questions for Cefaclor
Q. Is cefaclor or Ceclor penicillin, cephalosporin, or sulfa drug?
Cefaclor or Ceclor (brand name for cefaclor) does not contain sulfa and is not a penicillin drug. It is a cephalosporin antibiotic
Q. Is Cefaclor the same as cephalexin or Keflex?
Both Cefaclor and cephalexin belongs to the different class, i.e. cephalexin or Keflex (brand name for cephalexin) is first generation cephalosporin whereas Cefaclor is second generation cephalosporin. Their effect may vary upon individual conditions or response
Q. Can I take paracetamol or Panadol with cefaclor?
You can take paracetamol or Panadol (brand name for paracetamol) with cefaclor
Q. Does Cefaclor affect birth control or affect the contraceptive pill?
Cefaclor can affect the birth control effect of contraceptive pill
Q. Is Cefaclor safe for Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD)?
Yes, Cefaclor can be used in patients with G6PD deficiency. Please consult your doctor before use
Q. Does Cefaclor treat chlamydia?
No, Cefaclor is not effective in treatment of chlamydia infection.