Information about Cefaclor
Cefaclor is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used in serious bacterial infections of various body parts like urinary tract, skin and soft-tissue, blood, brain and lungs (pneumonia). It is also used to prevent infections after surgery.
How Cefaclor works
Cefaclor is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering (cell wall) which is needed for them to survive.
Common side effects of Cefaclor
Rash, Vomiting, Allergic reaction, Nausea, Injection site reaction, Increased liver enzymes, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Cefaclor
KeflorSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹119 to ₹2685 variant(s)
DistaclorMenarini India Pvt Ltd
₹92 to ₹64513 variant(s)
UniclorUnited Biotech Pvt Ltd
₹251 to ₹4374 variant(s)
ArticlorIcarus Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹95 to ₹3954 variant(s)
KrcOmega Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
SarclorSarthak Biotech Pvt Ltd
₹128 to ₹4803 variant(s)
ColorsMefro Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹16 to ₹1503 variant(s)
KefcilRedson Laboratories Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Cefaclor
- Your doctor has prescribed Cefaclor to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it does not stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Cefaclor as it may cause increased side effects.
- Discontinue Cefaclor and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.