Information about Cefaclor
Cefaclor is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How cefaclor works
Cefaclor is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by attacking their cell wall. Specifically, it prevents the synthesis of a substance in the cell wall called peptidoglycan, which provides the cell wall with the strength required for survival of bacteria in human body.
Common side effects of cefaclor
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction.
Available Medicine for Cefaclor
- ₹93 to ₹268Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹67 to ₹458Menarini India Pvt Ltd11 variant(s)
- ₹480 to ₹540Menarini India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹158 to ₹412United Biotech Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹80 to ₹310Icarus Healthcare Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹47 to ₹87Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹45Omega Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹116Taurus Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹49Zee Laboratories1 variant(s)
- ₹50 to ₹73Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cefaclor
Do not start or continue the cefaclor and consult your doctor:
- If you have diarrhea, stomach infection, or a blood clotting disorder.
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breast feeding.
- If you have a metabolic disorder caused by a deficiency in the production of the liver enzyme phenylalanine (phenylketonuria).
- If the infection is not found to be because of bacteria or when it is used for prevention of infection.
Frequently asked questions for Cefaclor
Q. Is cefaclor or Ceclor penicillin, cephalosporin, or sulfa drug?
Cefaclor or Ceclor (brand name for cefaclor) does not contain sulfa and is not a penicillin drug. It is a cephalosporin antibiotic
Q. Is cefaclor the same as cephalexin or Keflex?
Both cefaclor and cephalexin belongs to the different class, i.e. cephalexin or Keflex (brand name for cephalexin) is first generation cephalosporin whereas cefaclor is second generation cephalosporin. Their effect may vary upon individual conditions or response
Q. Can I take paracetamol or Panadol with cefaclor?
You can take paracetamol or Panadol (brand name for paracetamol) with cefaclor
Q. Does cefaclor affect birth control or affect the contraceptive pill?
Cefaclor can affect the birth control effect of contraceptive pill
Q. Is cefaclor safe for Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD)?
Yes, cefaclor can be used in patients with G6PD deficiency. Please consult your doctor before use
Q. Does cefaclor treat chlamydia?
No, cefaclor is not effective in treatment of chlamydia infection.