Information about Carboprost
Carboprost is used in the treatment of post-delivery bleeding.
How Carboprost works
Carboprost stimulates contraction of the uterine muscles, helping to control post-delivery bleeding.
Common side effects of Carboprost
Nausea, Vomiting, Headache, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Hot flashes, Diarrhea, Chills, Placental retention, Cough
Available Medicine for Carboprost
EndoprostBharat Serums & Vaccines Ltd
₹81 to ₹1442 variant(s)
CaboprostNeon Laboratories Ltd
₹131 to ₹2562 variant(s)
₹84 to ₹1512 variant(s)
₹161 to ₹4142 variant(s)
ProstospanIndus Pharma Pvt Ltd
Carbo SureFertilesure Pharma
₹110 to ₹1852 variant(s)
VeprostVatican Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
₹120 to ₹1762 variant(s)
EvacarbCelon Laboratories Ltd
₹60 to ₹1202 variant(s)
CarbotroyTroikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹66 to ₹1852 variant(s)
CystosVhb Life Sciences Inc
₹71 to ₹6752 variant(s)
Expert advice for Carboprost
- Carboprost increases the contraction of your womb which helps to control excessive bleeding after delivery.
- It is given by an injection deep into a muscle by your doctor or nurse.
- It may cause an increase in body temperature. This will return to normal few hours after the last injection.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Don't drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Inform your doctor if you have problems with your heart, lung, kidney or liver.