Calcium Polystyrene Sulphonate
Information about Calcium Polystyrene Sulphonate
Calcium polystyrene sulphonate uses
Calcium Polystyrene Sulphonate is used in the treatment of increased potassium levels in blood. It is used in patients with kidney problems and on dialysis.
How calcium polystyrene sulphonate works
Calcium Polystyrene Sulphonate binds with excess potassium which is excreted in the feces, decreasing the potassium levels in the blood.
Common side effects of calcium polystyrene sulphonate
Nausea, Vomiting, Decreased potassium level in blood, Increased calcium level in blood, Decreased magnesium level in blood
Available Medicine for Calcium Polystyrene Sulphonate
- ₹120Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹106Panacea Biotec Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹129Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹94La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹74 to ₹78Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹66Steadfast Medishield Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹82RPG Life Sciences Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹75United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹84Bestead Lifesciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Calcium Polystyrene Sulphonate
- Take the medicine exactly as prescribed.
- If you become pregnant, stop taking this medicine and tell your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
- Do not take a double dose to make up for the dose you have missed.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose unless your doctor tells you to.
- Do not use this medicine to treat any other ailments unless your doctor tells you to.