Calcium Polystyrene Sulphonate
Information about Calcium Polystyrene Sulphonate
Calcium Polystyrene Sulphonate Uses
Calcium Polystyrene Sulphonate is used in the treatment of increased potassium levels in blood. It is used in patients with kidney problems and on dialysis.
How Calcium Polystyrene Sulphonate works
Calcium Polystyrene Sulphonate is an ion exchange resin. It works by removing extra potassium from your body and brings its levels back to normal. It is useful in patients who have kidney diseases and those on dialysis.
Common side effects of Calcium Polystyrene Sulphonate
Vomiting, Stomach irritation, Nausea, Constipation, Loss of appetite
Available Medicine for Calcium Polystyrene Sulphonate
K BaitPanacea Biotec Ltd
SeebindMicro Labs Ltd
KchekLa Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
RenxIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
K StallAlniche Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
KbalBestead Lifesciences Pvt Ltd
KstrynUnited Biotech Pvt Ltd
KaycutSteadfast Medishield Pvt Ltd
StatkalRPG Life Sciences Ltd
Expert advice for Calcium Polystyrene Sulphonate
- Calcium Polystyrene Sulphonate is used to lower high blood potassium level due to severe kidney diseases.
- Dissolve or mix this medication with water before taking.
- Stop taking this medication and inform your doctor if you get constipation after taking it.
- Do not consume any food or drink that contains sorbitol while you are using this medication.
- You may need to have regular blood tests to monitor the levels of potassium and other electrolytes, such as calcium, in your blood.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive, or breastfeeding.