Information about Calcium Dobesilate
Calcium dobesilate uses
How calcium dobesilate works
Calcium Dobesilate works on the walls of the small vessel and decreases their leakage and fragility. It also improves blood flow by decreasing viscosity/thickness of blood.
Common side effects of calcium dobesilate
Available Medicine for Calcium Dobesilate
- ₹37 to ₹179Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹165Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹94 to ₹169Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹144Obsurge Biotech Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹156Sunways India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹100Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹129Rusan Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹140Canixa Life Sciences Pvt1 variant(s)
- ₹106Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹91Skymax Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Calcium Dobesilate
- Calcium Dobesilate is used in the treatment of piles and varicose veins.
- Take it as per dose and duration suggested by the doctor.
- It should be taken with food.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you notice an allergic reaction like skin rash, fever, nausea, and vomiting.
- Do not stop taking it suddenly without talking to your doctor first.
Frequently asked questions for Calcium Dobesilate
Q. Can Calcium Dobesilate be used in leg vein ulcer and swelling?
Yes, it can be used in the treatment of chronic conditions in which the leg vein becomes diseased or abnormal. Such conditions may include varicose veins and spider veins. These conditions can lead to ulcers in the lower leg along with leg swelling and pain. Contact your doctor if you have such a condition and get a consultation before you start taking this medication.
Q. Is Calcium Dobesilate effective in diabetic retinopathy?
Yes, there is evidence that Calcium Dobesilate is effective in cases of diabetic retinopathy. Calcium Dobesilate acts as a potent antioxidant and prevents the action of highly damaging free radicals. It has also been seen that it improves the damage and overgrowth of layers of small blood vessels as seen in diabetic retinopathy.
Q. Can Calcium Dobesilate completely heal leg ulcers?
Calcium Dobesilate is useful in treating leg ulcers, but the healing depends upon the severity of the disease and the response of the patient. It is not given alone and is prescribed along with other therapies to make it more effective. Contact your doctor before you start using this medication as you might need other medications based on the severity and condition of the ulcer.
Q. Does Calcium Dobesilate benefit in piles or hemorrhoids?
Yes, it is used in the treatment of piles. It effectively relieves the acute symptoms of hemorrhoidal disease in people who take a proper diet and have normal bowel habits. Consult your doctor before starting this medication.