Information about Calcitriol
Calcitriol is used in the treatment of nutritional deficiencies.
How calcitriol works
Calcitriol provides essential nutrients.
Common side effects of calcitriol
Frequent urge to urinate, Dryness in mouth, Bitter taste, Sluggishness, Constipation, Headache, Muscle pain, Loss of appetite, Weight loss, Bone pain, Abdominal pain, Nausea, Excessive thirst, Weakness, Vomiting
Available Medicine for Calcitriol
- ₹39 to ₹210Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd8 variant(s)
- ₹96 to ₹126La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹362Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹21 to ₹117Ravenbhel Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹128LG Lifesciences1 variant(s)
- ₹140Alniche Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹105Larion Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹51Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Calcitriol
- Do not take any other forms of Vitamin D unless your doctor suggests.
- Take calcium supplements along with Vitamin D3 as suggested by your doctor.
- Drink plenty of fluids (such as water) as it is important not to become dehydrated.
- Avoid using antacids without your doctor's advice. Some antacids can make it harder for your body to absorb calcitriol.
- Consult your doctor if you notice a metallic taste in mouth, muscle or joint pain, headache or drowziness.
Frequently asked questions for Calcitriol
Q. Is calcitriol an OTC drug?
Calcitriol is not available as OTC drug
Q. Is calcitriol a hormone, is it vitamin D and is it same as vitamin D3?
Calcitriol is a steroid hormone, a form of Vitamin D, also called Vitamin D3
Q. Is Calcitriol lipid soluble?
Yes, Calcitriol is lipid soluble
Q. Is Calcitriol same as cholecalciferol?
Vitamin D3 has several forms: Cholecalciferol is an inactive, unhydroxylated form of vitamin D3, whereas Calcitriol (also called 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3) is the active form of D3
Q. Is Calcitriol a phosphate binder?
No, Calcitriol is not a phosphate binder
Q. What is Bio-D3 max, Bio-D3plus?
Bio-D3 Max and Bio D3 plus are combinational drugs which contains calcitriol
Q. What is rocaltrol capsule/is it generic/ is it vitamin D3/ is it vitamin D what is rocaltrol 0.25/ what it is used for/ is it gluten free/ is it available over the counter?
Rocaltrol is a trade (brand) name for synthetic calcitriol (form of vitamin D, vitamin D3). It is available as 0.25 and 0.5 mg capsules. Rocaltrol works by making your body absorb more calcium from your diet. This helps to form healthy bones and reduce bone damage. It is gluten free. Rocaltrol is not available over the counter.