Information about Calcitriol
Calcitriol is used in the treatment of calcium deficiency and post menopausal osteoporosis.
How Calcitriol works
Calcitriol is the active form of Vitamin D. It raises Vitamin D levels in your blood. This in turn raises calcium levels in your blood by helping you absorb more calcium from your intestine.
Common side effects of Calcitriol
No common side effects seen
Available Medicine for Calcitriol
CalcirolCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹51 to ₹2208 variant(s)
LaretolLa Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹115 to ₹1382 variant(s)
SorvateGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
OstaRavenbhel Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹21 to ₹1899 variant(s)
PsorafuseMankind Pharma Ltd
Ritocal CTBodycare Pharmaceuticals
OstriolAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
CalcileapGenix Lifescience Pvt Ltd
LaritolLarion Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Calcitriol
- Do not take any other forms of Vitamin D unless your doctor suggests.
- Take calcium supplements along with Vitamin D3 as suggested by your doctor.
- Drink plenty of fluids (such as water) as it is important not to become dehydrated.
- Avoid using antacids without your doctor's advice. Some antacids can make it harder for your body to absorb calcitriol.
- Consult your doctor if you notice a metallic taste in mouth, muscle or joint pain, headache or drowziness.