Information about Cabazitaxel
Cabazitaxel is used in the treatment of prostate cancer.
How Cabazitaxel works
Cabazitaxel is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
Common side effects of Cabazitaxel
Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Low blood platelets, Diarrhea, Back pain, Hair loss, Abdominal pain, Blood in urine, Breathing problems, Constipation, Cough, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Loss of appetite, Nausea, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Taste change, Vomiting, Weakness
Available Medicine for Cabazitaxel
JevtanaEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
KabanatNatco Pharma Ltd
CabapanPanacea Biotec Ltd
CazatDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
CabaxanIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
ProcabaziGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Z-TexelBDR Pharmaceuticals Internationals Pvt
CabocytaAlkem Laboratories Ltd
Expert advice for Cabazitaxel
- Cabazitaxel is given as an infusion into a vein (IV infusion) under the supervision of a doctor only.
- Do not skip any dose and complete the course as suggested by your doctor.
- Use an effective method of birth control to avoid pregnancy while taking this medication.
- You may need to have blood tests to monitor your blood cells, platelets count, liver function and kidney function during treatment.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you notice unusual bruising or bleeding or if you have dark, tarry, or bloody stools and sore throat.