How it works
Common side effects
- Inform your doctor if you have epilepsy (fit), problems with your liver, kidney or if you have undergone radiation treatment or have a history of bleeding of the stomach or intestine or alcohol dependency.
- Always take cabazitaxel along with other steroid medications like prednisolone.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin, ibuprofen or drugs that affect blood-clotting such as warfarin, coumarin or clopidogrel before taking cabazitaxel.
- Do not receive any vaccination while on cabazitaxel therapy.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while taking this drug as it may make you feel dizzy or tired.
- Do not consume this drug if you are allergic to other taxanes, cabazitaxel or any of its ingredients.
- If you are a male patient, you should seek advice on sperm conservation prior to treatment with cabazitaxel as the drug may affect male fertility.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is cabazitaxel a vesicant or chemotherapeutic drug?
Cabazitaxel is a chemotherapeutic drug (drug used for the management of cancer). It is, however, not a vesicant (drug which causes severe blisters on the skin).