Information about Cabazitaxel
Cabazitaxel is used in the treatment of prostate cancer.
How cabazitaxel works
Cabazitaxel is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
Common side effects of cabazitaxel
Nausea, Vomiting, Back pain, Weakness, Reduced blood platelets, Hair loss, Abdominal pain, Decreased white blood cell count, Loss of appetite, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Diarrhoea, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Blood in urine, Constipation, Cough, Altered taste, Breathing difficulty, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils)
Available Medicine for Cabazitaxel
- ₹99999Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹25000Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹20000Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹36000Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹19947Panacea Biotec Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹31500Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹49200Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹19990Natco Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹47314Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cabazitaxel
- Inform your doctor if you have epilepsy (fit), problems with your liver, kidney or if you have undergone radiation treatment or have a history of bleeding of the stomach or intestine or alcohol dependency.
- Always take cabazitaxel along with other steroid medications like prednisolone.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin, ibuprofen or drugs that affect blood-clotting such as warfarin, coumarin or clopidogrel before taking cabazitaxel.
- Do not receive any vaccination while on cabazitaxel therapy.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while taking this drug as it may make you feel dizzy or tired.
- Do not consume this drug if you are allergic to other taxanes, cabazitaxel or any of its ingredients.
- If you are a male patient, you should seek advice on sperm conservation prior to treatment with cabazitaxel as the drug may affect male fertility.
Frequently asked questions for Cabazitaxel
Q. Is Cabazitaxel a vesicant or chemotherapeutic drug?
Cabazitaxel is a chemotherapeutic drug (drug used for the management of cancer). It is, however, not a vesicant (drug which causes severe blisters on the skin).