Information about Butorphanol
Butorphanol is used for pain.
How butorphanol works
Butorphanol decreases the perception of pain by blocking the transmission of pain signals to the brain.
Common side effects of butorphanol
Sweating, Headache, Dizziness, Sleepiness, Vomiting, Weakness, Dehydration, Lightheadedness, Nausea, Dry mouth, Edema, Fatigue, Anemia, Sedation, Constipation.
Available Medicine for Butorphanol
- ₹20 to ₹35Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹30 to ₹51Neon Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Butorphanol
- Inform your doctor before taking butorphanol if you suffer from brain disorders, respiratory failure, liver, kidney or heart diseases, changes in blood pressure, head injuries or history of drug dependence.
- Ensure that you do not take more than required amount of butorphanol as it may lead to dependency.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while taking butorphanol as it may cause drowsiness and dizziness.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Butorphanol as it may worsen the side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Butorphanol
Q. Is butorphanol safe?
Yes. Butorphanol is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q. Is butorphanol addictive, narcotic or controlled substance?
Yes. Butorphanol is a narcotic and controlled substance. It causes addiction upon illegitimate or prolonged use
Q. How does butorphanol work?
Butorphanol works by binding to certain receptors in the brain that are responsible for blocking the sensation of pain.