Information about Butorphanol
Butorphanol is used for moderate to severe pain.
How butorphanol works
Butorphanol is an opioid analgesic ( pain reliever). It works by decreasing the perception of pain by blocking the transmission of pain signals to the brain.
Common side effects of butorphanol
Sweating, Headache, Dizziness, Sleepiness, Vomiting, Weakness, Dehydration, Lightheadedness, Nausea, Dryness in mouth, Edema (swelling), Fatigue, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Sedation, Constipation
Available Medicine for Butorphanol
- ₹20 to ₹39Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹36 to ₹51Neon Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Butorphanol
- Use Butorphanol as instructed by your doctor. Never take in greater amounts or more often than prescribed.
- It causes sleepiness or drowsiness. If this happens to you, do not drive or use machinery.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Butorphanol, as it may cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Store opioid pain relievers in a safe place and out of reach of others.
Frequently asked questions for Butorphanol
Q. Is Butorphanol safe?
Yes. Butorphanol is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q. Is Butorphanol addictive, narcotic or controlled substance?
Yes. Butorphanol is a narcotic and controlled substance. It causes addiction upon illegitimate or prolonged use
Q. How does Butorphanol work?
Butorphanol works by binding to certain receptors in the brain that are responsible for blocking the sensation of pain.