Information about Butorphanol
Butorphanol is used for moderate to severe pain.
How butorphanol works
Butorphanol is an opioid analgesic (pain reliever). It works by blocking transmission of pain signals to the brain to lower pain perception.
Common side effects of butorphanol
Headache, Dizziness, Sleepiness, Vomiting, Nausea, Constipation
Available Medicine for Butorphanol
- ₹27 to ₹42Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹36 to ₹51Neon Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Butorphanol
- Use Butorphanol as instructed by your doctor. Never take in greater amounts or more often than prescribed.
- It causes sleepiness or drowsiness. If this happens to you, do not drive or use machinery.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Butorphanol, as it may cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Store opioid pain relievers in a safe place and out of reach of others.
Frequently asked questions for Butorphanol
Q. Is there anything I need to be careful about while on therapy with Butorphanol?
Butorphanol may cause drowsiness and dizziness, especially in the beginning of the treatment. Do not drive or work with tools or machinery if your alertness is affected. It is not advisable to drink alcohol during treatment with this medicine as it might increase sleepiness.