Bromocriptine + Metformin
Information about Bromocriptine + Metformin
Bromocriptine + metformin uses
Bromocriptine+Metformin is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
How bromocriptine + metformin works
This is a combination of two medicines: Bromocriptine and metformin.Bromocriptine is a dopamine agonist which lowers the elevated dopamine (chemical messenger in brain) levels. This reduces glucose production in the liver and lowers blood glucose levels. Metformin is a biguanide which decreases the production and absorption of glucose in your body and allows better use of existing insulin. Together, they provide better control of blood sugar.
Common side effects of bromocriptine + metformin
Nausea, Loss of appetite, Taste change, Diarrhea, Dizziness, Fatigue, Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level)
Available Medicine for Bromocriptine + Metformin
- ₹95Delvin Formulations Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Bromocriptine + Metformin
- Take it as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
- Take it with the food to avoid stomach upset.
- It may cause dizziness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking Bromocriptine + Metformin as it may increase the side effects.
- It may cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal.
- Always carry some sugary food or fruit juice with you in case you experience hypoglycemic symptoms such as cold sweats, cool pale skin, tremor, and anxiety.
- Monitor your blood sugar level regularly while taking this medicine.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.