Information about Bromhexine
Bromhexine is used in the treatment of respiratory tract disorders associated with viscid mucus.
How Bromhexine works
Bromhexine is a mucolytic medication. It thins and loosens mucus (phlegm) in the nose, windpipe and lungs making it easier to cough out.
Common side effects of Bromhexine
Dizziness, Headache, Nausea, Upper abdominal pain, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Rash, Red spots or bumps, Itching, Sweating, Changes in serum aminotransferase levels
Available Medicine for Bromhexine
BromhexineIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹61 to ₹1302 variant(s)
BrohexBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
MucospelS R Pharmaceuticals
Theosal PDMonichem Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹8 to ₹944 variant(s)
BoomCiron Drugs & Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹7 to ₹342 variant(s)
Expert advice for Bromhexine
- Bromhexine helps in thinning and removal of the mucus (slimy and sticky substance) from the airways, thereby treats various respiratory conditions.
- Measure the syrup with a special dose-measuring spoon or cup, not a regular table spoon.
- Do not use Bromhexine for more than 14 days, without your doctor’s advice.
- Inform your doctor if you have suffered or are currently suffering from any stomach, liver or kidney problem.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.