Information about Bromfenac
Bromfenac is used in the treatment of eye pain. It is used to prevent and treat inflammation and associated symptoms following eye surgery.
How Bromfenac works
Bromfenac is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by stopping the release of certain natural substances in the eye that are responsible for pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of Bromfenac
Application site irritation, Burning sensation
Available Medicine for Bromfenac
MegabromSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
UnibromAjanta Pharma Ltd
₹147 to ₹1832 variant(s)
BFNMicro Labs Ltd
BromifenOptho Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
OcubroCentaur Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
ZbromSunways India Pvt Ltd
AdbromEntod Pharmaceuticals Ltd
TakfenacPharmtak Ophtalmics India Pvt Ltd
PanbromKlar Sehen Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Bromfenac
- Your doctor has prescribed Bromfenac for the relief of post-operative eye pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute, immediately after instilling the drop.
- Usually a 4 to 6-week course may be necessary.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- Stinging sensation may occur for 1-2 mins.Notify your doctor if it persists for longer.
- Notify your doctor if you are on blood thinners or have bleeding problems.
- Use the eye drops within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.