Information about Bromfenac
Bromfenac is used in the treatment of post operative pain.
How bromfenac works
Bromfenac blocks the release of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for inflammation, pain, and fever.
Common side effects of bromfenac
Pain, Increased sensitivity to light, Visual impairment, Blurred vision, Burning sensation in eye, Cough, Eye discharge, Eye disorder, Eye swelling, Eye damage, Eyelid bleeding, Eyelid swelling, Facial swelling, Foreign body sensation, Irritation, Itching, Running nose, Nose bleed, Skin redness, Swelling, Stinging sensation, Visual floater.
Available Medicine for Bromfenac
- ₹119Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹129Ajanta Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹129Sentiss Pharma1 variant(s)
- ₹91Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹78Entod Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹70Pharmtak Ophtalmics India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹96Optho Remedies Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹73Klar Sehen Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹110Bausch & Lomb Inc1 variant(s)
- ₹68Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Bromfenac
- Do not use bromfenac longer than 2 weeks and do not stop using bromfenac without consulting your doctor.
- You may experience blurred vision for a short time after using bromfenac. If so, do not drive or use machines until your vision is clear.
- Tell your doctor before using bromfenac if you are using topical steroids (e.g. cortisone), or other anticoagulants or if you had have bleeding problems (e.g. hemophilia), eye problems (e.g. dry eye syndrome, corneal problems), diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis and have undergone repeated eye surgery within a short period of time.
- Do not wear contact lenses after cataract surgery and while using bromfenac.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Bromfenac
Q. What is bromfenac ophthalmic solution/ what is bromfenac used for/ what is bromfenac sodium/ what is bromfenac generic for/ what is bromfenac ophthalmic solution used for?
Bromfenac eye drops or bromfenac sodium belongs to a group of medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and is used in adults after a cataract surgery to reduce eye pain and swelling
Q. Is bromfenac generic for Bromday?
Bromday is one of the brands that contain generic drug bromfenac.