Information about Bromfenac
Bromfenac is used in the treatment of eye pain. It is used to prevent and treat inflammation and associated symptoms following eye surgery.
How bromfenac works
Bromfenac is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by stopping the release of certain natural substances in the eye that are responsible for pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of bromfenac
Application site irritation, Burning sensation
Available Medicine for Bromfenac
- ₹141Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹141 to ₹154Ajanta Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹108Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹135Sentiss Pharma1 variant(s)
- ₹125Optho Remedies Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹139Centaur Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹91Sunways India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹89Entod Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹70Pharmtak Ophtalmics India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹88Klar Sehen Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Bromfenac
- Your doctor has prescribed Bromfenac for the relief of post-operative eye pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute, immediately after instilling the drop.
- Usually a 4 to 6-week course may be necessary.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- Stinging sensation may occur for 1-2 mins.Notify your doctor if it persists for longer.
- Notify your doctor if you are on blood thinners or have bleeding problems.
- Use the eye drops within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.
Frequently asked questions for Bromfenac
Q. What is Bromfenac ophthalmic solution/ what is Bromfenac used for/ what is Bromfenac sodium/ what is Bromfenac generic for/ what is Bromfenac ophthalmic solution used for?
Bromfenac eye drops or Bromfenac sodium belongs to a group of medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and is used in adults after a cataract surgery to reduce eye pain and swelling
Q. Is Bromfenac generic for Bromday?
Bromday is one of the brands that contain generic drug Bromfenac.