Information about Brivaracetam
Brivaracetam is used in the treatment of epilepsy/seizures.
How Brivaracetam works
Brivaracetam is an antiepileptic medication. It works by attaching itself to specific sites (SV2A) on the surfaces of nerve cells. This suppresses the abnormal activity of the nerve cells in the brain and prevents the spread of electrical signals that cause seizures.
Common side effects of Brivaracetam
Dizziness, Fatigue, Nausea, Sleepiness, Vomiting, Constipation, Irritation
Available Medicine for Brivaracetam
BritzilamTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹124 to ₹4184 variant(s)
BrindaHealth N U Therapeutics Pvt Ltd
₹80 to ₹3203 variant(s)
₹210 to ₹4902 variant(s)
₹89 to ₹3694 variant(s)
BrivasureAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹148 to ₹2953 variant(s)
BripcaIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹140 to ₹3923 variant(s)
BriviactUCB India Pvt Ltd
BrivDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹140 to ₹3004 variant(s)
₹150 to ₹2993 variant(s)
Expert advice for Brivaracetam
- Brivaracetam should be taken regularly as directed by your doctor as missing doses can trigger seizures.
- Do not change the brand of your medicine and make sure that you have sufficient amount of medicine present with you.
- Some healthy tips to prevent seizures:
- Take a healthy diet along with regular exercise.
- Practice yoga every day.
- Get enough sleep at nighttime.
- Limit the use of screen time such as mobile/ laptop.
- Take your medication on time.
- It may cause sleepiness or drowsiness. If this happens to you, do not drive or use machinery.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of liver disease, kidney disease or drug abuse.
- Do not stop using Brivaracetam without talking to your doctor, even if you feel better.