Information about Boric Acid
Boric acid uses
Boric Acid is used to prevent infections.
How boric acid works
Boric acid belongs to class of drugs called antiseptics. It can weakly inhibit bacterial and fungal growth. It irrigates the eyes, cleanses, refreshes and soothes the irritated eyes; and help in removal of loose foreign material, air pollutants or chlorinated water..
Common side effects of boric acid
Increased liver enzymes, Abdominal pain, Allergic reaction, Burning sensation, Irritation, Cns stimulation, Central nervous system depression, Diarrhoea, Rash, Vomiting
Available Medicine for Boric Acid
- ₹50Optica Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Boric Acid
- Avoid using boric acid for jock itch/groin itch for more than 2 week and athlete's foot or ringworm for more than 4 week.
- Do not use boric acid along with other eye medication containing polyvinyl alcohol.
- Avoid using this medication if you have any open wound or other skin injury around your eyes.
- Boric acid is a weak antibiotic and should not be used to treat any type of infection without the advice of a doctor. There are many other, more effective antibiotics available.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.