Blonanserin is used in the treatment of schizophrenia (mental disorder in which patient interpret reality abnormally) and mania (abnormally elevated mood)
How it works
Blonanserin work by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
Common side effects
Neuroleptic malignant syndrome, Rash, Headache, Dizziness, Fainting, Slow movement, Blurred vision, Increased appetite, Increased heart rate, Insomnia, Sleepiness, Vomiting, Weakness, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Loss of consciousness, Nausea, Dry mouth, Abdominal pain, Extra pyramidal symptom, Loss of appetite, Upper respiratory tract infection, Dyspepsia, Decreased white blood cell count, Parkinsonism, Abnormal behavior, Weight gain, Fatigue, Acne, Fever, Akathisia, Anxiety, Increased liver enzymes, Feeling thirsty, Diarrhoea, Skin redness, Increased blood pressure, Feeling of discomfort, Rhinitis, Cough, Dystonia, Altered taste, Slow heart rate, Drowsiness, Urinary retention, Increased saliva production, Respiratory tract infection, Ecg changes, Constipation, Urinary incontinence, Abnormal vision, Skin reaction, Oral ulcer, Tremor, Seizure
- ₹42 to ₹113Zydus Cadila3 variant(s)
- ₹42 to ₹103Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- Use blonanserin with extreme caution if you have a history of suicidal tendency as these symptoms may get worsened.
- Do not take blonanserin if you are an elderly patient with dementia-related psychosis (symptoms may include memory loss and difficulties with thinking, problem-solving or language).
- Do not consume this drug if you are allergic to blonanserin or any of its ingredients.