Information about Bleomycin
How Bleomycin works
Bleomycin is an anti-cancer medication. It works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
Common side effects of Bleomycin
Fever, Hair loss, Interstitial pneumonia, Loss of appetite, Low blood platelets, Nail discoloration, Nausea, Pulmonary fibrosis, Rigors, Scratch dermatitis, Skin pigmentation, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Thinning of skin, Vomiting, Weight loss
Available Medicine for Bleomycin
BleocelCelon Laboratories Ltd
BleochemBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
LyobleUnited Biotech Pvt Ltd
Bleomycin SulphateDabur India Ltd
BleocinKhandelwal Laboratories Pvt Ltd
BleotexAlkem Laboratories Ltd
Oil BleoKhandelwal Laboratories Pvt Ltd
BleozZuvius Life Sciences
Expert advice for Bleomycin
- Bleomycin is given as an injection into the veins, muscles or under the skin by the healthcare provider.
- Do not skip any dose and complete the course as suggested by your doctor.
- Use an effective method of birth control to avoid pregnancy while taking this medication.
- You may need to have blood tests to monitor your blood cells, liver function and kidney function during treatment.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you experience coughing, shortness of breath and cracking sound while breathing.