Information about Bisoprolol
Bisoprolol is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure), Angina (heart-related chest pain) and Heart failure.
How bisoprolol works
Bisoprolol is a beta blocker that works specifically on the heart. It works by slowing down the heart rate and makes the heart more efficient at pumping blood around the body.
Common side effects of bisoprolol
Nausea, Headache, Fatigue, Constipation, Diarrhea, Dizziness, Cold extremities
Available Medicine for Bisoprolol
- ₹79 to ₹135Merck Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹47 to ₹73Merck Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹63 to ₹77Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹73Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹64USV Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹26 to ₹62Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹40 to ₹80Vidakem Lifesciences Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹62Ajanta Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹35Johnlee Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹18 to ₹25Rawlley Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Bisoprolol
- It may cause dizziness. If this happens to you, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- It can hide symptoms of low blood sugar if you are diabetic. Monitor your blood sugar levels regularly.
- Do not stop taking Bisoprolol suddenly as it can cause your blood pressure to rise suddenly, thereby increasing the risk of heart attack and stroke.
Frequently asked questions for Bisoprolol
Q. Does Bisoprolol cause dizziness?
Dizziness is a commonly reported side effect of Bisoprolol, especially at the beginning of the therapy. Consult your doctor if you experience dizziness as it may affect your ability to drive or work with machinery.
Q. Does Bisoprolol cause headache?
Yes, Bisoprolol may cause headache, it is a very commonly reported side effect particularly during the initial stage of the therapy. Consult your doctor if you have repeated episodes of headache while taking the medicine.
Q. When will I feel better after taking Bisoprolol?
You may not feel any difference after taking Bisoprolol, especially if you are taking it for high blood pressure. However, keep taking this medicine as prescribed by your doctor because you will still be getting its full benefits. If you are taking Bisoprolol for angina or heart failure, it may take several weeks or months to make you feel better.
Q. Is there any food or drink I need to avoid?
You may eat and drink normally while taking Bisoprolol. However, making lifestyle changes like quitting smoking, eating healthy food and exercising regularly can further give a boost to your health.
Q. Will the use of Bisoprolol affect my fertility?
Bisoprolol is not know to affect fertility in males or females. However, talk to your doctor if you are facing fertility issues while taking this medicine.
Q. Do I need to avoid playing sports while taking Bisoprolol?
You can continue playing sports while taking Bisoprolol. Playing sports is equivalent to exercising and exercising regularly can help you control your blood pressure. However, do not overdo it or push yourself too hard while exercising or playing sports.