Information about Bifonazole
Bifonazole is used in the treatment of fungal skin infections.
How bifonazole works
Bifonazole stops the growth of fungus by preventing them from making their protective covering.
Common side effects of bifonazole
Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness)
Available Medicine for Bifonazole
- ₹70 to ₹106Bayer Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹190AS Lifesciences1 variant(s)
- ₹59Adonis Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹160Bioas Medico Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹110 to ₹190SG Lifecare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹185Ikon Remedies Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹169Skin First Cosmeceutical1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Bifonazole
- Bifonazole helps treat skin infections caused by many different types of fungi.
- Finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- It can take a few weeks for the infection to clear and a few months before the skin returns to its normal color.
- It is not taken orally, so it does not cause many side effects.
- Apply an amount sufficient to cover the affected area and 1 inch of the immediate surrounding skin.
- Avoid getting it in the eyes, nose, or mouth. If accidental exposure occurs, rinse immediately with plenty of water.
- Inform your doctor if the infection has not cleared up after four weeks of treatment.
Frequently asked questions for Bifonazole
Q. How to apply Bifonazole?
Wash the affected area and dry thoroughly before applying the cream. Apply the cream in small quantity to form a thin layer and gently it rub it onto the affected areas once daily, preferably at night before going to bed, for two to three weeks.
Q. Which fungi does Bifonazole treat?
Bifonazole is effective against dermatophytes, yeasts, molds, and other fungi such as Malassezia furfur. It is also effective against Corynebacterium minutissimum.
Q. When should Bifonazole not be used?
You should not use Bifonazole if you are allergic to Bifonazole or any of its ingredients. You should also avoid using Bifonazole for nappy rash, for nail or scalp infections, or for vaginal infections.
Q. What measures should be taken for a fast recovery?
Keep the affected skin areas clean and dry but avoid excessive rubbing. The itchiness may give you an urge to scratch but avoid scratching as it will damage the surface of the skin, spreading the infection further. Always wash your hands after treating the infection to prevent it from spreading. Wash your socks, stockings, and tights thoroughly in hot water to remove any shed skin or fungal spores. Change your footwear daily, if possible.
Q. For how long do I need to use Bifonazole?
Symptoms generally get reduced or get completely cured within 2 to 4 weeks. Use Bifonazole until the symptoms get cured and then for two more weeks after symptoms disappear to avoid recurrence of the infection.
Q. Is there anything which needs to be taken care of while using Bifonazole cream?
Bifonazole may reduce the effectiveness and safety of latex products (such as condoms and diaphragms) if it comes into contact with them. Therefore, you should ensure that Bifonazole cream does not come in contact with these products. If Bifonazole cream accidentally come into contact with a condom or diaphragm, replace the condom or diaphragm before using it as contraception.
Q. Can warfarin be used while using Bifonazole?
No, Bifonazole may interfere with the working of warfarin which may cause episodes of bleeding. Therefore, if both are to be used together then the therapy needs to be monitored.