Information about Bicalutamide
Bicalutamide is used in the treatment of prostate cancer.
How Bicalutamide works
Bicalutamide blocks the effect of the natural male hormones on the growth of prostate cells. Bicalutamide also blocks the undesired effects of androgens in females such as excessive hair growth and acne.
Common side effects of Bicalutamide
Rash, Dizziness, Decreased libido, Breast enlargement in male, Sleepiness, Weakness, Nausea, Abdominal pain, Indigestion, Weight gain, Increased liver enzymes, Breast tenderness, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Depression, Decreased appetite, Flatulence, Constipation, Hot flashes
Available Medicine for Bicalutamide
CaluranSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹590 to ₹11102 variant(s)
TabiDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹494 to ₹12843 variant(s)
UtamideIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
CosalonCelon Laboratories Ltd
BiprostaAlkem Laboratories Ltd
CastramidIpca Laboratories Ltd
BicalonCelon Laboratories Ltd
AndroblokSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Expert advice for Bicalutamide
- You have been prescribed Bicalutamide for the treatment of prostate cancer.
- Take it with or without food, preferably at the same time every day.
- It may cause your skin to become light sensitive. Avoid direct exposure to excessive sunlight and use sunscreen when outdoors.
- If you are diabetic, monitor your blood glucose regularly while taking Bicalutamide.
- Your doctor may want you to have regular blood tests to monitor your liver function while you are taking this medicine. Inform your doctor if you notice yellowing of eyes or skin, dark urine, or stomach pain.
- Do not stop taking the medication without talking to your doctor first.