Information about Bicalutamide
Bicalutamide is used in the treatment of prostate cancer.
How bicalutamide works
Bicalutamide blocks the effect of the natural male hormones on the growth of prostate cells. Bicalutamide also blocks the undesired effects of androgens in females such as excessive hair growth and acne.
Common side effects of bicalutamide
Rash, Dizziness, Decreased libido, Breast enlargement in male, Sleepiness, Weakness, Nausea, Abdominal pain, Dyspepsia, Weight gain, Increased liver enzymes, Breast tenderness, Anemia, Depression, Decreased appetite, Flatulence, Constipation, Hot flashes
Available Medicine for Bicalutamide
- ₹473Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1010 to ₹1011Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹448 to ₹1170Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹365Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹422Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹352Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹390Celon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹427Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹346Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹137Neon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Bicalutamide
- Before taking bicalutamide, tell your doctor if you have any liver disease.
- Bicalutamide may cause serious liver dysfunction (with symptoms of abdominal pain, anorexia, dark urine, fatigue, jaundice, nausea, vomiting). Stop taking Bicalutamide and call your doctor if you experience any such symptoms.
- If you have an objective progression of disease together with elevated PSA, seek immediate medical advice, as you may have to stop bicalutamide treatment.
- You should not take this medicine if you have rare hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, the Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption.
- Take precautions as you may occasionally feel sleepy while on bicalutamide therapy.
- Avoid direct exposure to excessive sunlight or UV-light while you are taking bicalutamide.
- Do not drink alcohol while on bicalutamide treatment as it may worsen the side effects of this medication.
Frequently asked questions for Bicalutamide
Q. Is Bicailutamide a chemotherapy drug?
No. Bicailutamide is not a chemotherapy drug
Q. Is Bicalutamide a hormone/Lower PSA Levels?
Bicalutamide is not a hormone however due to its anti-androgen properties, it lowers PSA.