Information about Betaxolol
Betaxolol is used in the treatment of ocular hypertension and glaucoma.
How betaxolol works
Betaxolol is a beta blocker. It works by decreasing the production of aqueous humour (fluid in the eye), thereby lowering the increased eye pressure.
Common side effects of betaxolol
Stinging in the eyes, Burning eyes, Blurred vision
Available Medicine for Betaxolol
- ₹41FDC Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹38Klar Sehen Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹42Jawa Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹34Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Betaxolol
- Betaxolol helps lower high pressure in the eye and reduces the risk of vision loss.
- Notify your doctor if you have lung or heart diseases as Betaxolol may worsen these conditions.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute, immediately after instilling the drop.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- Stinging sensation may occur for 1-2 mins. Notify your doctor if it persists for longer.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.