Information about Betaxolol
Betaxolol is used in the treatment of glaucoma.
How betaxolol works
Betaxolol works by lowering the pressure in the eye(s), thereby preventing gradual loss of vision.
Common side effects of betaxolol
Stinging in the eyes, Burning eyes, Blurred vision
Available Medicine for Betaxolol
- ₹41FDC Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹38Klar Sehen Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹36Jawa Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹34Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Betaxolol
- Betaxolol helps lower high pressure in the eye and reduces the risk of vision loss.
- For best results, put one drop in the affected eye(s).
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute, immediately after instilling the drop so that the medicine does not drain away from the eye.
- Notify your doctor if you are suffering from heart or lung disease or diabetes.
- Take care to prevent contact of eye dispenser with eye, eyelid, eyelashes, or finger to avoid infection.
- Remove contact lenses before using Betaxolol and allow at least 15 minutes before re-inserting them.
- When applying multiple eye medications, wait for at least 5-15 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.