Information about Benzydamine
Benzydamine is used in the treatment of myalgia.
How benzydamine works
Benzydamine is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause fever, pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of benzydamine
Abdominal pain, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Epigastric pain, Flatulence, Nausea, Vomiting, Indigestion
Available Medicine for Benzydamine
- ₹53 to ₹73Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹82Win-Medicare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹175Dupen Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹645U & V Cancure Pvt. Ltd.1 variant(s)
- ₹297Across Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹628Edel Werk Biopharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹320Medilief Biosciences1 variant(s)
- ₹430Aureate Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Benzydamine
- It should be taken with food or milk to avoid getting an upset stomach.
- It can cause serious complications like stomach bleeding and kidney problems if taken for a long time.
- Benzydamine can raise your risk of blood clots, heart attack, or a stroke.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
Frequently asked questions for Benzydamine
Q. Is Benzydamine over the counter?
No, Benzydamine is not available over-the-counter. It is sold only upon a prescription by a registered medical practitioner
Q. Does benzydamine contain alcohol/penicillin?
Yes, benzydamine contains 96% ethanol
Q. Does listerine contain Benzydamine?
No, it does not contain Benzydamine.