Information about Benzydamine
Benzydamine is used for pain relief.
How benzydamine works
Benzydamine is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of benzydamine
No common side effects seen
Available Medicine for Benzydamine
- ₹79Icpa Health Products Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹56 to ₹110Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹82Win-Medicare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹210 to ₹545Aksigen Hospital Care2 variant(s)
- ₹210Dupen Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹137Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹320Medilief Biosciences1 variant(s)
- ₹645U & V Cancure Pvt. Ltd.1 variant(s)
- ₹399Bio-Zenesis Healthcare1 variant(s)
- ₹45Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Benzydamine
- Benzydamine is used to relieve pain and inflammation (redness and swelling) of mouth, gums, and throat.
- It is meant for mouth rinse or gargle only. Spit the rinse out after use, do not swallow it.
- It should generally be used undiluted. If it makes your mouth sting, you can dilute it with an equal volume of water before use.
- Avoid getting it in your eyes. If you accidentally get it in your eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water.
- Do not use it for more than seven days, unless otherwise advised by your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for Benzydamine
Q. Is Benzydamine over the counter?
No, Benzydamine is not available over-the-counter. It is sold only upon a prescription by a registered medical practitioner
Q. Does benzydamine contain alcohol/penicillin?
Yes, benzydamine contains 96% ethanol
Q. Does listerine contain Benzydamine?
No, it does not contain Benzydamine.